Saturday, June 19, 2010

Baskets

I got some new Hero Arts stamps yesterday!  This Sunny Smiles basket set was one of the tops on my list, and it is the first one I'm playing with.  For this first one, I just stamped the flowers right onto the die-cut circle, colored them in, adding some tiny gems in the center of the daisy-like flowers, stamped the sentiment in a semi-circle, then stamped and cut out the basket on kraft paper and glued it over the flowers. 

Supplies: CG199 Sunny Smiles, CL342 Everyday Sayings, Nestabilities Scalloped Circle and Circle diecuts, colored pencils

And for this one, I decided to add some strawberries to the basket, and a little blue lacy liner.

Supplies: CG199 Sunny Smiles, S5101 Raindrop Background, CL320 SparkleClear Designer Fruit, BoBunny Back to Basics paper,  white, blue, and red cardstock, Adirondack Stonewashed and Versafine onyx black inks, green colored pencil

And for the final one, I used the flowers again and one of my favorite color combinations, blue and yellow.

Supplies: CG199 Sunny Smiles, CL342 Everyday Sayings, Martha Stewart pansy border punch, yellow and white cardstock, Bazzill dotted blue cardstock, colored pencils, blue and white pearls

9 comments:

Barb said...

New stamps!! YAY! Can't wait to see what else you received, Lin! Love these two cards! So clever to add the strawberries and pretty liner! :)

Nancy said...

Such pretty cards, Lin. Your coloring is perfect!
I especially love the basket of strawberries, so reminds me of summer!

Alice said...

LOVE what you did with that basket, Lin!! so pretty and fun!! i love them all!

Suzanne C said...

That basket stamp was made for you... Wonderful cards! Love the little cloth hanging out of the basket on the second card.

stampingandstitching said...

When I first saw this stamp, I thought now there's a Lin stamp and look what you've done with it - brilliant!! I love the baskets full of beautifully coloured flowers and your one with the strawberries and the pretty lacy liner is fantastic!

Sanne said...

Aahhh Lin....your cards really brings the summer into my home - so so beautiful. Love your style!!!!

Sue McRae said...

Fantastic use of the basket stamp Lin, it's a perfect summer stamp!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Love how you've used the basket stamp with so many different goodies. Beautiful cards! :)

Jill said...

Love what you are creating with this set! Super, super cute!!