Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tuesday Trigger from Moxie Fab World


This is the gorgeous image that Kath chose this week for her Tuesday Trigger challenge.  If you know me, you know that I take things literally, so here is my take on it. 

 

I substituted a coffee mug because that is usually one of the first things I grab when I bring in a few flowers from the garden, but otherwise I followed the picture pretty closely, using the same colors.  I needed a small sentiment, since the mug with the flowers took up a good part of the space, and decided to use this one from PTI, and added some faint script in the background to follow through.  The background was distressed using brown and a bit of orange inks

Supplies: My Time Made Easy "A Spot of Tea" stamp (teacup), Hero Arts CG108 Special Moments (rose and leaves), LP123 Artistic Windows (script), PTI Vintage Picnic Sentiments, 2 pink, cream, and green cardstocks, papers from K&Co. Designer Mat Pads, Bailey and Hopscotch Girl, Versafine onyx black ink, Palette Burnt Umber, spiced marmalade distress inks, rose petals from a silk flower

27 comments:

Jenny said...

This is so pretty! I love what you came up with. I think it is just perfect for the Trigger!

Alice Regan said...

Wow! What a beautiful card! I love all the detail and the sentiment.

Alice said...

very pretty card, Lin!

Ann said...

Such a sweet card - just look at those fallen petals - brilliant! Oh and I love the background too.

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Wow Lin! Just a great submission! I love your colors and your design.. The background is awesome!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card, Lin! Wow!

Dawn T said...

Awesome Lin. Such a great take on the inspiration.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Mmm...gorgeous trigger photo and I love your use of the multiple stamping of the rose image!

donna mikasa said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty!! Love the ink distressing and your fabulous take on the colors!

Mandy said...

Lin, this is super gorgeous! I love your "literal" take on this fabulous trigger!

Debbie said...

I think you rocked the challenge!

Regina Mangum said...

What a wonderful take on the trigger!

Anonymous said...

Great card and such a great take on the inspiration. I'm with you, most of the time I grab a Fiesta mug to put flowers in.

Kath Stewart said...

what a beautiful take on the trigger lin...love the colours you used...big hugs kath xxx

Diane Jaquay said...

This is so gorgeous, I absolutely LOVE how you filled that tea cup with the beautiful flowers!!!

suzARTe said...

this is a fantastic take on the trigger. Your card is just beautiful

Suzanne C said...

Great take on the inspiration! Lovely card and design!

Vanessa said...

Beautiful!!! I love this Trigger and hope to make a card for it! Your take is gorgeous!

Jill said...

You really did an awesome job with that photo inspiration! Love the distressed background and how you've used the colors!

Kay D said...

What a beautiful interpretation of the inspiration photo; I love it!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card Lin!

Clare said...

gorgeous!

SmilynStef said...

What a fabulous take on the trigger ... that coffee mug is the perfect vase for your beautiful blooms.

Anonymous said...

I love this card, Lin! I like the flowers, and the background is fantastic!!!

Valerie said...

This is fantastic!

Jacqueline said...

Such a gorgeous card Lin - love the shades of the colors you chose, looks like you enjoyed making this too!
(Sorry I am a bit behind...)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Lin! What a pretty approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)