Friday, July 2, 2010

Papertake "In Stitches" challenge


The challenge this week at Papertake is to do anything involving stitching.  So I'm posting one of my little quilts - this uses real stitching on the quilt seams and doodled stitching just outside the edge of the quilt.  After it's all constructed, I emboss it using an embossing folder.   I thought the sentiment was perfect.

Supplies: HA CL406 Buttons, CL342 Everyday Sayings, various printed papers, pink and white cardstock, clear ink and white embossing powder (button), black ink, white gel pen, sewing machine and white thread for zig-zag stitching, pearls, Sizzix flowers embossing folder 

6 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

I agree, that sentiment IS perfect, and the quilt looks good enough to snuggle up in ;) Wonderful card!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Wow!!! Such gorgeous work!!!!

Anne said...

Gorgeous quilt card Lin- it looks perfect for summertime! That sentiment is just perfect!

Alice said...

love love love your paper quilt cards, Lin!! they are always so pretty in colors and so very beautifully done! super yummy colors in this one. LOVE IT!!

Ineke Original said...

Just love this!
I added you to my blog addresses!

greetings from Holland,
Ineke

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful quilt background. Love the paper you put together. I can see your quilting background in this gorgeous card.