Friday, September 24, 2010

Coffee and Cream


At PaperPlay Challenges, the theme this week is Coffee and Cream, to use only shades of brown.  This really appealed to me, and so I went with the idea of opening up a trunk and finding these old bits, brown with age.

 I had made this flower a little earlier, because I loved the one that Heather used in her card.  They are so much fun to make!

Supplies: cream, kraft and 2 shades of chocolate cardstock, Hero Arts S5341 Lace Background, CG222 Music Background, CL156 Treasure the Past, Anitas Stamps Teddy Bear ink, Palette Burnt Umber ink, Martha Stewart brown ribbon bow sticker, from a sweet friend

10 comments:

Nancy said...

Wow Lin, this is just gorgeous! I just keep staring at it! What a beautiful design!

Dawn T said...

stunning Lin. Thanks for the links - I missed seeing Heather Maria's post so was great to see the video. Love what you created here, so vintage and romantic looking

Alice said...

wow! the paper flower is gorgeous! beautiful card, LIn!

stampingandstitching said...

Oh wow, Lin what a wonderful card and I love your idea behind it! Gorgeous design, mix of stamps, distressing and your flower is fab! I'm delighted you've joined us on PaperPlay this week!

stampingandstitching said...

Lin, I'm obviously still half asleep this morning - I forgot to say thanks so much for the mention!! Have a great weekend!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Gorgeous card, Lin! Love the flower and the yummy warm colors.

Arlene said...

WOW... the flower is gorgeous - and I love the colors and design.

Deirdre said...

Oh Wow Lin, this is just stunning. Adore it. Love what you created with the colour palette.

Just fab. Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay again this week. ♥

Suzanne C said...

SOOO elegant and beautiful. Love the neutrals and the flower is stunning.

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Lin, love your flower especially.
Thanks for joining us at Paper Play
hugs Mandy xx