Friday, September 24, 2010

Embellish color challenge using background stamping

This is my card made for Embellish Magazine's color challenge using background stamping.  The colors are yellow, black, white and grey.  I love background stamps, and so I decided to ink up a couple that have been pushed aside recently for newer ones.  The only yellow ink I have is mustard seed distress ink, so that's what I used for the branch background.  Then I colored in all the dots with a fine-point black marker.  The Stripes Pattern was stamped using a grey ink, overstamped with the sentiment in a black ink.  I noticed that little leaf pattern in the same set as my sentiments; it's never been used before, and so I made a leafy border to separate my 2 panels, stamping on yellow cardstock in black ink, and centering it with a black button.  Everything was put on a black panel, which then went onto the yellow card. 

Supplies: white, black and yellow cardstock, mustard seed distress ink, stampology onyx and versafine onyx black inks, Hero Arts CG122 Branch Background, CG118 Stripes Pattern, CL380 Truly Appreciated (sentiment and border leaf pattern), black button

7 comments:

Dawn T said...

I struggle with yellow... but I really like how you put it together Lin. Like the leaves in the middle. very clever use of the little leaves

Alice said...

very pretty and classy design, Lin! lovely card!

stampingandstitching said...

Gorgeous card, Lin and such a brilliant use of the colour combination! I love your design and mix of patterns!

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful card! Love how fresh the yellow looks! Through you I can always see if there is a challenge going, I usually come here for the links too!! Thanks my friend and have a lovely weekend!

Suzanne C said...

Love this! It made me take a look. Definitely inspired me to try the colors. Lovely & Elegant card.

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Beautiful leaf pattern! Love the large sentiment too! Thanks so much for joining the Embellish background stamping color challenge.

Charlene Austin said...

Three background stamped papers!! Absolutely wonderful!! So happy you played along!