Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Peace


At the Caardvark's blog, the challenge is to make a clean and simple card, and the sponsor this time is Hero Arts.  I decided to use last year's Winter Tree to simulate this year's new cling stamp called Starry Night. 
I started by stamping my tree on glossy white cardstock and embossing it in white.  Then I sponged faded jeans distress ink all over the card.  This was then overstamped with a beautiful Memory Box stamp called Peace Collage in the same faded jeans ink.  The "peace" didn't show up enough for me, so I restamped the bottom part of the collage stamp on white cardstock in faded jeans, tore along the top, and then trimmed the rest to fit over the main image, distressing all along the edges.  Then I used 2 little snowflake stamps to add some more snowflakes, heat embossing some of them in white and stamping others in faded jeans.  The whole panel was then adhered to a white cardstock base and I finished by adding a punched blue snowflake.

Supplies:  glossy and matte white cardstocks, versamark and faded jeans distress inks, Memory Box G1411 Peace Collage, Hero Arts H5244 Winter Tree, snowflakes from CL343 Holiday Sayings and A4871 Design Snowflake

20 comments:

Tanya said...

This is gorgeous Lin, love the blue it really makes the white pop!

Suzanne C said...

Love how you used the peace collage and the starry night together. Beautiful! Love the torn paper too! Inspired idea!

Barb said...

Just beautiful, Lin! I love the way you put these stamps together to simulate this year's new stamp! So creative!

debbie said...

gorgeous Lin!

Dawn T said...

lovely Lin. Your collage came together so well.

Sarah J Moerman said...

Beautiful! Love the calming blue. Makes me think of 'Silent Night.'

Pam said...

Wow! I would to have someone send me that at Christmas time!

Vicky said...

Lin this is a great card! I love the embossing, the distress, the letters on the background... the blue!!! Everything! Really deserves a win! Good luck :)

CinnamonSally said...

stunning card Lin, love the simple colours scheme so beautiful!

Ann said...

Oh this is lovely Lin - it puts me in mind of those simple stylish lino print cards from the 1930s. I love that tree stamp so will have to look out for it.

Virginia L. said...

Fabulous take on the CAS card, Lin! Love the distressing and enbossing on this one!

Barbara said...

Oh my word, this is so incredibly pretty Lin! I love the soft colours!

Kimba's Kreations said...

Sooooooooooooo pretty!!!

donna mikasa said...

I really love this! Perfect colors, perfect for the challenge! A winner to me!

Vanessa said...

This is gorgeous, Lin!! Love your fab card!!

Anne said...

Lin this is gorgeous- love how you created this to resemble the new stamp! You are amazing with your never ending creativity!

Michelle said...

This is so gorgeous:-) I love all the detail in the design, such a perfect card!

Alice said...

so pretty and peaceful! lovely card, LIn!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Beautiful! So calming and pretty!

margaretart@hotmail.com said...

Really love this card, and love the way you shifted gears when the "peace" didn't show up. Surely thatadjustment contributed so much to the beauty and meaning of the card.