Friday, September 17, 2010

September Card Chain challenge

September CCC

This was the card I made to send to Isa in France for the September Card Chain Challenge that Deborah hosts each month.  I also included an ATC for her, using the same 2 pumpkins from the card:


The background is a photograph of a quilt that is on my kitchen table during this season.  Here is a picture of it, taken last fall.  The quilt block is called "maple leaf" and I wanted to make a quilt that shows my love of the colors of autumn and the brilliant blue skies that we still have at this time of year.


To see the card that I received from Betty in the card chain, see this blog entry.

7 comments:

stampingandstitching said...

Lin, your card is adorable! Such a wonderful scene packed full of autumn goodness! Your ATC is wonderful too, I love that you used a photo of your quilt for the background! Love, love, love your autumn quilt! Today one of my friends was showing me a double wedding ring quilt she is making so between the two of you my fingers are itching to make something!

jintyoo7 said...

OH my gosh, Lin. What an incredible quilt. The colours are beautiful!

Alice said...

lovely autumn card and ATC, Lin. i love the details. and i LOVE your quilt! so beautiful! wow!

Sue McRae said...

Beautiful quilt Lin and what a wonderful idea to use the photo of it on the ATC!

Batraplume said...

I'm the happy owner of this card and ATC! Thank you so much, Lin, this was a lovely surprise! These are my favorite colors. I'll take the card with me at work, it will brighten my desk! :)
PS: I'm amazed by your quilt! It sounds so difficult and it probably took hours to make it!

Tomo H. said...

So pretty cards, Lin! The background of the ATC was a pic! But that was from a real quilt made by yourself! Love the colorful maple leaf pattern! And the quilted line is very beautiful! :)

Suzanne C said...

Love that quilt and how you used it as a beautiful background for your card.