Wednesday, March 30, 2011

90 Minute Scramble, Monday, March 28

About every 2 weeks or so, over at the Hero Arts flickr group, we have a competition.  The hostess gives us a challenge, in this case, to make a window card, and then we have 90 minutes to make something using that criterion and using at least 1 Hero Arts stamp, take a photo of it, and get it posted to the gallery.  This time I got in just under the wire!  Here is my submission:


For my window I used a Dienamics rolled rose die.  And the cutout that resulted was made into the rose centering the stamped flower.  I placed the window to take out most of the bird on the big background Musical Collage stamp and used my leaves to cover up what was remaining of the bird's tail and the branch. The leaves also hold up the stamped flower from the inside of the card. I placed a white square inside the card to contrast against the front of the card and the flower.


supplies: aqua, green and white cardstock, S5501 Musical Collage, stamped in Versamark and white embossed, CG119 Flourish Background, stamped in Hero Hues Cerulean ink, CL322 Artistic Borders (flower), CG291 Three Dotted Flowers (leaves), CL497 Find Joy, Dienamics large rolled rose die

I encourage you to look at the link above to see lots more examples of window cards.  And here is the schedule for upcoming scrambles - the next one will be April 16, hosted by Sally.

10 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

Exquisite!!!

Barb said...

I love this scramble card, Lin! The blues are so beautiful! Wonderful mix of stamps and that flower looks amazing! Great job in under 90 minutes!

Leni said...

Love all the blues and the layering. When I see your cards with all different shades of blue, it makes me want to try this too. I almost never use blue...but I like to see it!

Deirdre said...

Lin, this is just SENSATIONAL... love it.

Anonymous said...

Your card is gorgeous Lin - I can't believe you made this for a 90min scramble ;)
TFS! Hugs, Ruth S

Dawn T said...

what a gorgeous card Lin.... I missed this challenge and the rest of the samples are lovely too,

Robin K. said...

Your flower is amazing Lin! Clever way to make the window!

Lagene said...

WOW! Very Pretty!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful idea to create a window with the flower peeking through. Beautiful!

ivy said...

gorgeous card lin! i'm sorry i didn't see this sooner!