Sunday, April 29, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays challenge

This week the challenge at CAS-ual Fridays is to make a CAS card and use either flowers or trees.  Since you see flowers from me every day, I thought I'd go looking for a tree stamp just to change things up.  I've hardly used this Palm Tree, but it makes me think of Florida.  We spend the winter months there and one of the best things that I enjoy is the beautiful vegation, so different from what I'm used to.  And since our weather here has changed to cold again, this palm tree and what it represents is looking pretty good!  Another thing I connect with Florida is the clear blue skies almost every day.  So I decided to sponge on some sky using a Nestie label negative die-cut as a mask.


supplies: white cardstock, Hero Arts K5401 Palm Tree, CL272 All Occasion Messages, VersaFine onyx black ink for sentiment, and tea dye and peeled paint, spritzed with water, for tree, Nesties Labels Eight as a mask to sponge on tumbled glass distress ink



And I'll be entering this into the Simon Says Stamp "Anything Goes" challenge this week:

15 comments:

Cindy C. said...

So inviting, I want to sit underneath that tree underneath the clear blue sky!

Jackie said...

Ah, Florida. I miss it so much. Your card is lovely and a perfect representation of The Sunshine State.

Brenda said...

Oh this makes me want to go to the beach! We will be one hours' drive from the coast back in South Africa, I cannot wait! Beautiful card Lin!

CinnamonSally said...

Your card is fabulous Lin, I loved the sponged nestie shape!!

Kara Lynne said...

I love how you used your shape for the background! Ah, Florida, a definite change from Wisconsin. Thanks for taking me there for a moment!

donna mikasa said...

This IS a refreshing change, Lin! I love the simplicity and the balmy palm tree is perfect! The sponged background is cool, too!

Virginia L. said...

Thanks for the "lift", Lin! I miss Florida, too! Love your shading and simple and crisp look of this card!So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays! xoxo

Inkyfingers said...

Oh this makes me think Florida would be a great place to visit! I love how the inking on the edge of the card creates a frame with the label inking( if that makes sense?)

MarcyK924 said...

I just got the warm fuzzies - it's so chilly here! Your cards always evoke a feeling and this one especially! Love your gorgeous inky goodness! Hugs, Marcy

Pam W Merwin said...

So serene - makes me want to be there :)

Suzanne C said...

Perfect warm and sunny! Sweet card.

Maureen Morton said...

This sky is wonderful! Love it when you break out beauties in some new styles and with new techniques. I want to go where this tree lives!

Christine said...

Lovely card!! What a beautiful image!! Thanks so much for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
xoxo, Christine

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

This is awesome, Lin! Your shading and stamping is impeccable! Makes me feel like I'm in Hawaii - brilliant! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! We're so glad you did!!

Laura Davis said...

Lovely!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura