Thursday, May 31, 2012

Love

......that's what that Chinese character on my card means.

For this week's CASE Study, Aga's last, here is her card:

I knew immediately that I wanted to use this new (to me) Hero Arts stamp and my new shaded lilac distress ink, one of the spring limited colors.  I did not attempt the paint splattering, but I used a tiny bit of an old, old paper (just above my scallops) which looks kind of splotchy.......


supplies: white cardstock, dps from an ancient pad from Michael's called "Windswept", Hero Arts CG434 Floral Blossoms, shaded lilac distress ink and Stampology onyx for sentiment, Martha Stewart doily border punch

The lilac ink and punched edge paper are photographing more blue than lavender, but I like this periwinkle effect just as well.

I'd like to enter this into the Simon Says Stamp "Anything Goes" challenge.

18 comments:

Annette Allen said...

just gorgeous...I love that lilac distress ink color...I love the color combo and just a sweet design...Aga's card is very pretty too..

judkajudi said...

Beautiful, Lin! You do all styles so well!

Virginia L. said...

GREAT photo and beautiful design! What's not to "LOVE"? (that's what the character says, I am sure you know that already)! Love ya, sis!

Leni said...

Very beautiful colors together! And I love the design.

Nancy K said...

As always your card is perfection! I just love how you switched up the elements in this gorgeous CASE!

Maureen Morton said...

I don't blame you a bit for wanting to splatter - neither do I! Can't stand messes. But, this card is a real gem - amazing design and colors. What's not to "love" in any language!

Cindy C. said...

A very lovely card Lin!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Gorgeous! Love the colours

Trinh said...

That lilac color is so pretty & I love how you paired it up with those other patterns/colors. I haven't had too much success with spraying & splattering; never looks the way I want it to.

Theresa's Studio said...

Beautiful card and colors. So behind on commenting. Busy in the yard and gardens and not so much in my studio. Sorry to read about Lily Pad this am.

Elizabeth Allan said...

These particular shades of color make me swoon Lin. Glad you stamped your card with the Chinese love symbol because this card is filled with it!

Robin K. said...

I wondered what that symbol meant -I recently acquired that set too:) I love how you used the strips in your design and that gorgeous new distress ink color!!!

Helen L said...

"Love" your card, even better than your inspiration piece :-)

Kara Lynne said...

Love how you cut out the flowers and the use of spattered print paper is perfect!

Teresa Kline said...

gorgeous card!

enjoy *~*

Tracy Ercole said...

This is beautiful, I love the colours x

Christina said...

That is some fabulous fussy cutting! I love the mix of purples and the way you incorporated the "splatter". Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study!

Suzanne Russell said...

Beautiful, Lin! I love the assortment of elements you combined to create this card. What a lovely touch to have the chinese "love" character!