Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Make Your Own Wrapping Paper

Welcome!  I am thrilled to be posting for the first time as a new Design Team member at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!


Our challenge this week is "Anything But a Card" and we are showcasing 7 Gypsies and Maya Road products.  I decided to make my own wrapping paper using a set of 7 Gypsies bird stamps, and couldn't resist adding a little card to go with it.  I love to personalize my gifts by making them coordinate with the gift, if possible, either using the same theme, or colors of the gift inside.  Inside, my little gift is a diary/journal with birds on the front.


supplies: white printer paper for the wrapping, white and rose cardstock for the card and tag, 7 Gypsies Victoria clear stamp set, Hero Arts Bubble Gum and Green Hills mid-tone inks, May Arts leaf ribbon, Cuttlebug Victoria embossing folder

I simply started with a piece of printer paper and stamped the birds all over before wrapping my little book up.  Then I added the fun leafy ribbon and my tag.  Easy, but when everything coordinates, it makes a special statement.  

I hope you'll play along with us this week - there's a $50.00 gift voucher from the Simon Says Stamp Superstore up for grabs for 1 lucky random winner!



Please come visit us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog to see what my other teamies and our Guest Designer Liz Marzden made for you!

Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog

Also,  a FABULOUS Blog Hop to celebrate the launch on the new Simon Says Stamp Exclusives Dies starts today !! You will need to hop over to the Simon Says Stamp Blog to join in the FUN !! LOTS of fabulous prizes on offer !! :-)

30 comments:

Annette Allen said...

oh i love making wrapping paper...this is so pretty...love it

Barb said...

Woo, hoo! Your first post for SSS!! And you knocked it out of the park, my friend! What a fun idea! Gorgeous wrapping paper and card! :)

Melissa Bove said...

Just fabulous Lin! Awesome work! Congrats again!

hugs...
Melissa

joy said...

Hi, Lin! Love your first creation for Simon Says. (at least I think it is???) Anyway, how adorable is that little journal and to receive it wrapped up in such pretty paper would be such a treat! I've been away from blogland for awhile, just stopped in today and am going to do the hop. Love the new dies!

Jingle said...

Beautiful wrapping paper, Lin!

walchowDesign said...

Congrats on your DT post, Lin! Such a lovely personalised wrapping paper and the matching card too!

LauraJane:) said...

what a GREAT IDEA!!
I save all the plain packing paper that comes with anything in the mail...now I can use it.

Virginia L. said...

You so rock your first design team challenge! I adore all of your package stamping (as I was lucky to get one in person!). This truly shows off your talent and stamps beautifully! Congrats again, sista!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous creations Lin :-) the card and co-ordinating paper is such a fabulous idea and one I will be CASE'ing !! So pretty and it makes such a special gift ! :-)

Welcome to the team !! I am thrilled to have you with us :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Kara Lynne said...

So very pretty! Thanks for the reminder to use stamps for wrapping paper, yours is darling!

MarcyK924 said...

WOW - a whole bunch of loveliness! What a perfect duo for your first SSS dt project! GORGEOUS! Hugs,
Marcy

Lisa Carroll said...

So beautiful, Lin! I absolutely LOVE coordinating wrapping with cards, and your set is perfection!

I'm thrilled that we are on the DT together... hugs! :)

Nancy K said...

woo hoo for your inaugural DT post!! and such a creative idea! I love those stamps and the colors...oh really I just love it all! hugs~

Heather said...

Sorry I didn't get back to you Lin - a manic week (another one!!).
Your wrapping paper is beautiful, such gorgeous colours and images. I love your coordinating card with great embossing.
It's wonderful to have you joining us.

hugs Heather xx

Sarah J Moerman said...

So pretty, Lin! Beautifully stamped!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

My goodness what amazing homemade wrapping paper and card, Lin!! I love the sweet soft colors and design.

May I also offer you a BIG welcome to the team, we're so happy to have you with us!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Sue McRae said...

What a pretty project Lin!

Karen B. said...

Lin, this is gasp out loud beautiful! I'd hate to tear into it if I got a gift, I'd carefully peel away the tape and save this!

Robin K. said...

Way to go with your first DT post for SSS Lin!! What a gorgeous ensemble - the packaging is a gift in itself!!

Lucille K said...

Just love your card and wrapping paper Lin. Thanks for the inspiration :)

mimijudy1975 said...

LIN, WHAT A TREAT IT IS TO SEE YOU AS A GUEST DESIGNER AT SIMON SAYS BLOG ! You put so much heart and soul in what you create. Your wrapping paper is stunning. i'm still looking in awe at the leaf ribbon. At first ,i wondered just how you made it !!! I'm glad to know it is something we can purchase. Congratulations on your first post.

Dawn T said...

Well done Lin. Love your wrapping paper and the matching card.

Jo Nevill said...

Oh wow, these are just so beautiful Lin. I shall have to copy this idea for my lovely friends.

I am thrilled to be working with you on our fabby team !

Hugs,

Jo x

Karen Dunbrook said...

congrats on your new DT position...lovely project you created...I think you will do an awesome job!!

Pam W Merwin said...

Love the idea of the wrapping paper Lin! Beautiful card too! Congrats on being on the Design Team ~ can't wait to see your inspiration :)

febe said...

Awesome idea. Love the embossing, colors and the wrapping that you did. :)

promotional gifts perth

Maureen Chandler said...

Very very pretty! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful ideas!

Clare said...

Woohooo!! BIG congrats on making the team, Lin! I'm so excited and happy for you! Love your wrapping paper (though I'd be way too lazy to make my own wrapping paper! :))

Colleen Dietrich said...

Congrats on your first post as a DT member at SSS! This gift wrap is just beautiful, Lin. Simple, as you say, but so impressive.

Anna-Karin said...

This is so pretty! Love the wrapping paper! And big congrats for being on the DT, they are very lucky to have you.