Monday, October 29, 2012

CASE Study AND CAS-ual Fridays

I've missed most of this month's challenges at CASE Study, with our muse Julia Stainton; love her style!  Here's Julia's inspiration card:

The brown and green combination with the cream lace makes such a pretty combination.  I decided to make mine into a Christmas card (can't have too many of those!).


supplies: kraft card base, design paper from Authentique Festive Collection, Hero Arts S5208 Designer Woodgrain, Latte chalk ink, The Craft's Meow Holiday Foundations, Adirondack Cranberry ink, Sizzix Sizzlits Branch with Leaves, unknown lace trim, red pearls

I liked the way the kraft and green with splashes of red looked on this card, so I used it for my inspiration for a card for CAS-ual Fridays the challenge being to make a CAS card and use kraft:


supplies: kraft cardstock, Hero Arts LP128 Artistic Windows, Latte chalk ink, The Craft's Meow sentiments from Hearth and Home and Holiday Foundations, Adirondack Cranberry Ink, old Jo-Ann holly leaf stamp, VersaFine onyx black ink and red pearls

14 comments:

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love the woodgrain! Great cards!

Brenda said...

Both are totally gorgeous Lin, but my heart is calling out that CAS creation, what an inspirational piece! Just beautiful!

Jackie said...

I love these! Thanks for the inspiration, I need to get started on Christmas cards soon and I love the look of the kraft with green and red.

Cindy C. said...

Both beautiful! The green on kraft looks great!

Barb said...

Oh, that first one is so gorgeous, Lin! LOVE every detail! Your CAS card is darling - love all the "white" space and that holly is so sweet!

Virginia L. said...

Love both of your cards, Lin! The rendition of the first card is spot on! I also love your arrangement for the CAS card! Really beautiful! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

sheila said...

both your cards are wonderful Lin and I love how you cased the card and interpreted it as a Christmas card!

Maureen said...

just lovely! I love the way you turned it into a Christmas card! Sweet lace! Thanks for playing with us again over on CASE Study :)

Jacqueline said...

I love your Christmas cards Lin!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Fabulous take on the CASE STudy pic! It just sings. :)

Christina said...

Kraft, green, and red make a perfect combo for Christmas! I love the sprinkling of red "berries" and the stamped woodgrain on both cards, Lin. Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study and CAS-ual Fridays!

Teneale Williams said...

2 fabulous creations, I love them both. The one inspired by the CASE Study muse is outstanding and I can see what inspired it.

Angie Tieman said...

Ooooh, I love BOTH of your cards! You can obviously rock both CAS and soft and pretty cards! Amazing! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Darnell said...

Congratulations, Lin, for your Contender shoutout at LIM for your fabulous and unique Kraft creation!!