Thursday, April 17, 2014

All Boy

The Simon Says Stamp May Card Kit is available, and it's chock-full of items involving boys!


Here are 2 cards I made using the supplies in it:


One of the papers in the kit is a wonky red and cream stripe, and for some reason I decided to make it even wonkier and cut it up into angled pieces.  I attached them to the Neenah Desert Storm card base, and then stamped a sentiment and an image from the stamp set, colored them in, and framed them up, and attached that also.  Love that sentiment - isn't it the truth?


And for this one I used a few of the papers again, cutting them into strips and lining them back up on an angle, then stamping another of the sentiments and a strip of stars.

If you have boys in your life, you may want to consider getting this card kit - it really is one of a kind!  A real little plus for this one is that it includes one of the new mini Distress ink pads in Peacock Feathers, and a new applicator and a few sponges to fit it - here's a great way to find out if these are something you can't live without!

Thanks for stopping by today!

16 comments:

Jackie said...

Those are so cute! I love the definition of a boy on the first one - so true.

Emily Leiphart said...

Oh, how I LOVE these cards, Lin! Those angled panels and your shading on the sneakers are fantastic. Great use of the papers on your second card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Such a cool kit and I love your cards Lin. I feel shopping coming on...

mimijudy1975 said...

Lin,you have the best ideas on how to make such special cards. i love the wonky pieces mixed with the red shoes. !The monster card is so cute with the strips on an angle.I'm ordering my first Simon Says Kit now !. i have 4 grandsons from 7 -16 yrs. Think this will be great for cards AND SCRAPBOOKING.

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous cards Lin :-) I just saw these in the gallery and had to pop over for a closer look :-) LOVE 'EM :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Cat Craig said...

Lin, great combinations you worked up here. Love the cards.

Anonymous said...

SUPER SUPER cute boy cards Lin! You make everything look so cute! I hope you and your family have a very happy Easter! XO

Diane Jaquay said...

Cute cute cute! I just subbed last month and I'm glad I did, love the look of this kit!

Lisa H. said...

soooo fun! love these both. you are making it hard to NOT sign up for this kit. as a mom of all boys....I adore this month's kit.

Carol L said...

Noise with dirt on it! LOL That's the best description of a little boy ever! Super cute and fun cards!

Jess said...

Fun cards! Love those little characters!

slbt17 said...

great cards - love this kit!
Sandra ltb

Dawn T said...

Adorable cards Lin. The set of stamps is awesome for boy cards. Migt have to invest in it!

Joy said...

Such great boy cards Lin, you have captured them perfectly, hugs

Unknown said...

I love the Hey Card, I think its the best card I've seen made out of this kit. I haven't received mine yet- so we will see what I can come up with!
Thanks for sharing!

Theresa Jacoby said...

I love both of your cards!!! On the first card I love how you pieced the "wonky stripes" paper. So cute!!!