Monday, September 29, 2014

Mostly Words

It's always hard for me to jump back into creating after having taken a long break like I just did, but I saw several of my SSS teamies playing in the Less is More challenge, and that was a great way to get back into it.  The theme this time is Mostly Words.  Here's what I made:


I just love this Stampendous stamp called Autumn Words, so I inked it up in festive berries, spiced marmalade, fired brick, and ripe persimmon distress inks, then used 2 of Lawn Fawn's Stitched Leaves to cut out the leaf shapes.  I used the same inks to color the leaves before putting them back in their places, and then simply trimmed my panel and applied it to a rust card base.  Easy-peasy, but so fun!

Hope you have a great week!  I'll see on Wednesday for a Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

13 comments:

Barb said...

Amazing technique, Lin! Love how this turned out! Gorgeous colors too! ♥

Nancy K said...

Love this beauty, Lin! Really awesome design ♥

Pam W Merwin said...

Such wonderful fall colors, Lin! Fall is finally in the air here in Georgia :-)

Lisa Elton said...

Very pretty Lin!

Dawn T said...

Looks awesome Lin. Very effective.

Sarah G said...

Love the warm colours and inlaid leaf dies - a gorgeous autumnal card!

Sid said...

Fab card Lin !

Dawn T said...

Fabulous. Love the colours and words.

Nicole Parmentier said...

Beautiful! I love that fall-feeling!!!

Kelly Latevola said...

Absolutely love your inlay leaves Lin! Such beautiful rich colors!!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Simply gorgeous and loving the 'inlaid' leaves too.
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Chrissie said...

What a brilliant technique Lin, I shall have to remember this one!
Superb card.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anne said...

Lin what a fabulous creation, lovely autumnal colours!
Thanks so much for joining us at Less is More
Anne
LIM Designer