Monday, January 26, 2015

A card for spring

Just playing today.  I had colored these pretty flowers from Paper Smooches Blossoming Buds with colored pencils back in the fall and never used them, so I "filed" them in the back of that stamp set.  When I was looking through my stamps, I found them again and built my card around them.


I fussy-cut them out, then popped them above my card base, along with an Impression Obsession scalloped frame.   The sentiment is an old favorite from Technique Tuesday, Simply You.  There was a bit too much white space for me, so I added some Lawn Fawn and Pretty Pink Posh sequins.

This is for all who are suffering through the snow and cold - have faith, spring is on the way!

12 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

Those flowers make the perfect corner statement pieces! Lovely work, and thanks for the bit of positive.

Brenda said...

Oh that is beautifully fresh Lin!

Barb said...

So pretty, Lin! Love the design with the flowers coming from the corners of the frame! ♥

Judy1223 said...

Oh, Lin! This is simply beautiful I have that sentiment set and would LOVE to make a card like that! Gorgeous

Malika said...

Lovely card with the flowers

Malika

Kara said...

beautiful!!

Deepti said...

This is sooooooooo pretty :) Love the idea of frame

Dawn T said...

Just beautiful Lin.

~amy~ said...

Your blooms are beautiful...perfect card!

jintyoo7 said...

GOREOUS :-)

Nicole Parmentier said...

I love how the flowercorners pop on the white, beautiful!

Lisa Elton said...

Lin this is so pretty!! It's bright fresh and brings a smile!!