Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Simon Says..........All Things Bright and Beautiful

wed-newchallenge-header

Welcome to a new month and a new weekly challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!



This week we're asking you to make us something Bright and Beautiful!  The design team are all using Hero Arts products.  I chose some of my favorite bright colors and made you 2 cards.


supplies: Hero Arts Tall Flowers and sentiment from their Dauber Bunch, sequins

This Tall Flowers stamp includes some very long stems, but I eliminated them by fussy-cutting the bottom of each panel of stamped flowers, then lifting these panels above my card base, which had been stamped with my sentiment.  


supplies: Hero Arts Large Lotus Pattern stencil, picked raspberry, spiced marmalade and mustard seed distress inks, Hero Arts sentiment from Made with Love, Simon's Doll Pink cardstock, Crystal Reflections sequins

After stencilling my panel, I embossed it with a dot folder, then added my sentiment to vellum, which I wrapped around the panel before attaching it to the card base.  

Now it's your turn!  We've got another $50.00 gift voucher at the Simon Says Stamp store for our random winner of this week's challenge!

50dollar_voucher_600px

Simon Says Stamp

24 comments:

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful cards Lin!! You always come up with such wonderful designs! Pretty colors too!

hugs...

joy said...

Two of my favorite Hero Arts stamps, Lin! Love these cheerful cards!

Dotty Jo said...

So bright and sooooo beautiful! Jo x

adele holcomb said...

I have both of these products, and love the way you used them!

Stephanie said...

Two gorgeous cards, Lin! I love the bright summery palette you went with to get us out of the mindset of winter! :)


*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Caryn said...

Wow Lin, these are gorgeous - they are certainly bright and cheery! You could almost forget it -5 outside!!

jenn shurkus said...

love both of these :) the color combo is so warm and bright!!! just what i need this time of year ;)

Lisa Elton said...

So pretty Lin, they look tropical to me!

Jingle said...

These are very pretty, Lin! Love the fun, playful flowers on the second one!

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie gorgeous creations in such fabulous colour so cheery I love both of them they are both just stunning hugs Pops x

Heather said...

Both fabulous cards Lin, I love the banners of brightly coloured flowers on the first and a great design of the beautiful lotus stencil!!

hugs
Heather xx

Mandy said...

Beautiful cards Lin! The flowers are so pretty and I love how you've placed the cute little sequins. Just perfect as always :)
hugs
Mandy xx

Teresa Kline said...

hello Lin! these are both gorgeous, luv the stunning flowers and colors! hope you have a wonderful weekend!

add a little glimmer to your life....sparkle & shine! *~*

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome creations!!

Tricia Coffin said...

Your cards are so colorful and appealing. :-)

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous bright and beautiful cards Lin :-) I love the sunshiny colours, very pretty :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Jo Nevill said...

Sooooo pretty Lin x

Leigh Penner said...

These are both so pretty! I especially love the second one!

Martha M, Tiffin Ohio said...

Both of these cards are beautiful. Thank you for all your great ideas!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Wow, these are so beautiful.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

These are both so bright and happy! LOVE!!!

vicky's scrapping passion said...

Very beautifully bright cards. I can almost feel the Summer breeze by looking at them. Thanks for the inspiration

Helen L said...

both cards are beautiful! I love that tall flower set! I've been thinking of trying out the Hero Arts ink pads, but see that they have 3 different kinds of inks. Do you use their inks, and which one do you like, or what are the advantages of the different types? Thanks so much!!! Hugs, H in Healdsburg

stampedbyc said...

I love the flower cards, Lin! So pretty -- makes me wish for spring! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Hugs!