Thursday, May 7, 2015

From Places Abroad - Tunisia

I have been wanting to play in the Altenew monthly challenges. They are so generous in choosing FOUR winners each month, so I am tackling the current one, based on a ceiling in Tunisia.   I was so intimidated at first, but once I decided on this gold metallic medallion, things got a bit easier, and I'm really pleased with the way this turned out.  The colors are my favorites, after all!


supplies: Bazzill Robin's Egg, dark blue, and white cardstock, gold metal sheet, Spellbinder's Fleur de Lis pendant die, Altenew's Vintage Roses, aqua, blue, and green inks, Simon's Artful Flowers sentiment, Ranger super fine detail embossing powder, gold enamel dots

This is waaaaay out of my comfort zone, but I'm so glad I gave it a try.  It's good to have a good stretch once in awhile!

Here's the inspiration photo:

May Challenge: From Places Abroad – Tunisia

8 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Wonderful take from the inspiration photo Lin! I love the elements you picked and your card turned out to be really gorgeous!!

Jacqueline said...

So gorgeous, Lin!!

Barb said...

Holy moley, is that ever gorgeous, Lin! LOVE how those beautiful blues look with the gold! Fabulous take on the challenge!

Becca Cruger said...

Now THIS is elegance incarnate. Gorgeous layers and it's very rococo and expensive feeling.

Dawn T said...

amazing Lin.

Rubeena I. said...

This is so cool!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the elegance the gold adds to this!!

Helen L said...

Gorgeous card Lin! I love the gold and the different shades of blue: it adds such depth and interest to the card. Hugs, H in Healdsburg