Saturday, November 21, 2015

Some Christmas cards

It's time to get the Christmas Card train chugging away, and so I've been making them as I see ideas out there on your blogs.  Both of today's cards are CASEs.


supplies: white cardstock, Penny Black Peace and Joy, sentiment from a retired The Craft's Meow Christmas Lantern, Winnie & Walter Audrey's Cutaways, tumbled glass distress ink

I saw this design on Janet's Swanlady Impressions blog the other day and thought it was the perfect card for this year, especially.


supplies: white, kraft, and Audrey Blue cardstock, Taylored Expressions Winter Flurry embossing folder, Colorbox Frost White ink, Winnie & Walter Audrey's Cutaways scalloped edge die and their Winter Wonderland stamp set, crinkle ribbon, sequins to match

I found this idea looking at a Team Richard Garay Instagram feed, which led me to Michelle's Stop and Stamp the Roses blog.  I just adored her kraft, aqua, and white colors together, and I just received this lovely snowflake embossing folder, so everything came together nicely.  After embossing, I swiped a tiny white ink pad across the surface.  I kind of like the messy white-wash look it gave!

Thank you, Janet and Michelle, for your wonderful inspiration!

How is your Christmas card making going?  I've made a pretty good start, but I always find myself making some multiples when it comes time to match up the list with what I have made!  We're supposed to get our first snow here this weekend, so you know what I'll be doing: staying inside where it's cozy and making cards!

10 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely cards, Lin! My Christmas card stash is very, very low, Jo x

Barb said...

Gorgeous cards, Lin! ♥

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful CASings, Lin! Love the color colors on both!

adele holcomb said...

Aqua and kraft are so pretty together -- love that snowflake card!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love both cards, Lin - you made them your own! As to my Christmas card stash, I'm over 70 - all due to my work over the year at Merry Monday. I'd be lost without their challenge!! Looks like you have a great start on yours!

Cat Craig said...

Both cards are lovely, that soft blue/aqua is such a wonderfully sweet color. I have about 35 cards made I think. I need to print out my label sheets for mailing to see how many more I need...I know it is at least 30 or so more. Gotta get busy. Stay warm and enjoy the sight of the season's first snow.

Lisa Elton said...

These are both beautiful Lin, but gosh I sure love the first one!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Two lovely cards Lin, but my favourite is the dove one - it is exquisite.
Blessings
Maxine

Kara said...

so lovely Lin! That little blue on the corner of the first card...perfection!!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Your card is so pretty too Lin. Thanks for CASEing my card :)