Saturday, February 13, 2016

Color Recipe challenge

I have very limited PTI products, but will never tire of coloring these lovely spring tulips from Papertrey Ink's Friendship Jar Spring Fillers.  So this time I did them using Ashley's Color Recipe:

Ashley's-colors

Here's my card using the above colors:


supplies: Audrey Blue cardstock, watercolor paper, Friendship Jar Spring Filler Tulips, lots of water-based markers, water, Wink of Stella, Friendship Jar, blue vellum, Simon's Medium Dots stencil, tumbled glass distress ink, blue gingham ribbon

Thanks once again for stopping by!

10 comments:

Betty said...

so lovely Lin - the polka dot background is a perfect background for the pretty tulips!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful Shading Lin, I love those tulips too.

Jacqueline said...

You and flowers go so well together!

stampingandstitching said...

Gorgeous card, Lin! Love your colouring on the tulips and the soft look the blue vellum gives to the jar! The gingham ribbon is the perfect finishing touch!

Karen B. said...

I too, have limited PTO stamps. You certainly make the best of what you have, this card is just lovely!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful tulip bouquet, Lin, and I love the vellum jar with the gingham!!

kReN said...

It's easy to see how you would never tire of these tulips. They are beautiful! I love how you make the ribbon look as if it goes around the jar. TFS! kReN@afourthlife.blogspot.com

kiwimeskreations said...

This is a stunner Lin - love your use of the colours and the way you have coloured the tulips
Blessings
Maxine

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Wonderful card - I think I may need to get some tulips for my jar ; ) Clever idea - using blue vellum for the water!

Cat Craig said...

So pretty Lin, I can feel spring just looking at your card.