Thursday, May 26, 2016

Choose Joy

As soon as I saw this stamp by Tammy Tutterow and Spellbinders, I knew it had to come home with me.  I saw it first when we were getting sneak peeks from January CHA, and it is just now beginning to show up in stores, so it was a long wait, but well worth it!  This first stamping will stay in my craft room, up on a shelf, so I see it every day - just love the sentiment!


supplies: purple card base, watercolor paper, Spellbinder's Choose Joy cling stamp, Ranger Archival Jet Black ink, Spectrum Aqua markers and water to color, Winnie & Walter Audrey Cutaways scalloped die, sequins from Pretty Pink Posh Sweet Pea and Enchanted Garden mixes, mini Misti 

For its first stamping I used my Mini Misti to get a good dark impression on watercolor paper, which can be a problem without it.  I must admit that I didn't think I needed this amazing tool, but I was wrong!  I'm thrilled now to have it, and use it every time I stamp!  Then I just chose some Aqua Markers in pinks, purples, green, and yellow and colored in the image, adding water to spread the colors as I went.  When everything had dried, I die-cut a scalloped pinpoint panel, and then embellished with sequins for a bit of sparkle.  A very simple design, and lots of fun to color!

This particular stamp is sold out right now at Simon, but Tammy has several others that are just as pretty, if you're interested.

Thanks for stopping by!  My blog will get quiet here now for a few days, as my Mom and sister come for a visit over the 3-day weekend.  I'll see you next week - enjoy the holiday!

10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Oh wow how pretty! I can see why you wanted this Lin!!

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous Lin! Lovely pretty colors!

Cat Craig said...

So pretty, and I am very partial to a scalloped panel on a colored base.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous coloring on your Choose Joy, Lin! Enjoy your visit with family!!

Carol H. said...

This is so pretty!! I love the colors you chose!

Dawn T said...

So pretty Lin. Nice to have a big stamp to cover a card front.

kiwimeskreations said...

Lin this is fabulous - love the stamp and you have showcased it beautifully.
Blessings
Maxine

Tee said...

Beautiful colors and sentiment!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, what a beautiful image and so wonderfully colored, Lin! I love the scallops with the sequins! Beautiful card! Hugs, and hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

Brenda said...

And a joyful card it is! Love the colours! Enjoy your time with your family!