Friday, June 24, 2016

Simon's July Card Kit

The Card Kit this month at Simon Says Stamp is a pretty one!
July 2016 Card Kit 600 revised
Here's the card I made:


I chose one of the PinkFresh papers, and cut it to fit my white card front.  Next I stamped the big flower on the Cotton Candy and Lemon Chiffon cardstocks, and then colored in a few of the petals tone-on-tone with my own markers to match.  I did the same for the leaves, using Simon Sea Glass cardstock, and adding details with a Dusty Sage distress marker.  These were all fussy-cut, and arranged as you see them, using Glad Press & Seal to hold the elements together until I was ready to attach them onto the panel.  I stamped some extra black dots to the left side of the panel, to match the printed ones on the right, and stamped my sentiment using my trusty Mini Misti, affixed the panel to my card base, and then popped the flowers and leaves above the surface, adding a sequin to the center of each flower.

Thanks for coming by!

Edited to add - I see that this kit is now sold out, so I thought I'd give you a link to at least the stamp set that was in it: it's called Handwritten Floral Greetings - the name says it all!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Lin..thank you for sharing your beautiful. I like how you explained each step. And that you used Press n Seal...that's cool!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful card Lin - love the soft colours and the sequin centres to the flowers - a fabulous detail.
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Stunning Lin. Lovely placement of the flowers.

HJ said...

This is a beautiful card, Lin. I love the colors and your coloring of the flowers. That is a great stamp set. Once I have the correct placement, I always hated having to take it apart piece by piece to glue it down. But using Glad Press N Seal eliminates that problem. It feels good to find a household item that works in my craft room. Have a great weekend.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh wow, those flowers are so pretty! This is wonderful Lin!