Sunday, July 24, 2016

Hello Gorgeous!

Recently I won a gift card to Hero Arts through Kathy's 30 day Coloring Challenge.   My choice was the Color Layering Flamingo and matching frame cut, and I am so amazed at the fantastic shipping and customer service from Hero Arts!  Coming from California all the way across the country, I had these in my hands yesterday - 3 days from ordering to receiving!  Here's my first card using this set.  It's as hot here as the tropics, so that's the direction I went:


supplies white, turquoise, teal, and watercolor paper, Hero Arts Color Layering Flamingo and Frame Cut, Simon Tropical Leaves and a variety of distress inks, water, adhesive foam

I stamped and die-cut my flamingo, and sentiment first.  Next, starting with a watercolor panel, I stamped various leaves across it, then spritzed it with water to make the colors blend, then went back in selectively with the palm stamp and restamped for a bit more dimension.  I also splattered some distress ink.  That panel was then dried, trimmed, and edged with turquoise before affixing it to my white card base.  Then I just added my gorgeous flamingo and sentiment, popping up the flamingo with some adhesive foam that I die-cut.

Hope you're keeping cool - thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

Betty said...

love your card Lin - the greens and aquas are so refreshing against mr. gorgeous flamingo - i've had great service from hero arts too!

Cat Craig said...

this is so lush Lin, love the colors and your flamingo is fabulous

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun card Lin, love the fresh tropical look!!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous Lin. I've just recently got this set too and it is fun to use. Just love the background you created.

Aileen said...

Love this card Lin, another way to use up lots of those little stamps, a page full of leaves and these ones looks so splendid, off to the tropics.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Amazing background for your darling flamingo, Lin - love it!!

Susi said...

The Flamingo image is definitely gorgeous, but I also love the BG you created for it, Lin. Tropical Leaves is a stamp set I've had on order for some time and I'm jealous (LOL) as delivery keeps being pushed back. But cards like yours make me glad I did buy it.

Becca Cruger said...

This popped right out as I was scrolling through my blogger feed. It's so bright and fun and filled with ink! Love it!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fun and fabulous card Lin - love your background! I hear your summer is 'brutal', (quote from another friend in USA). Would that we could swap some of your 'hot and dry' for our 'wet and cold'!!
Blessings
Maxine

jintyoo7 said...

LOVE this Lin! Lovely colours too :-)
I have this set and die but have not been able to "play" with it - soon, I hope.

Best wishes!

Donna said...

I love the colours you use, Lin. Very pretty :)

Karen Dunbrook said...

love how you card turned out Lin...great looking bkg makes for a fun and happy card mf..
TFS
hugs,
K