Friday, September 23, 2016

Simon's October Card Kit

I received my Simon October Card Kit yesterday and dived in first thing this morning!  If I'd designed a kit, this would be pretty close to it!


supplies: all supplies from Simon's October Card Kit, Nutty Over You stamp set, Burnt Orange, Audrey Blue, and Dark Chocolate cardstock, Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid for Fall dp, Little B Acorn sticker), plus: ivory cardstock, Simon's Stitched Circle die, Audrey Blue, Poppy, Bright Tangelo, and Cup o' Joe inks, Nuvo Caribbean Ocean crystal drops (from last month's kit), adhesive foam squares

I cut a stitched circle, then used the next smaller size of that set to lightly draw another circle inside as a pattern for my stamping.  After stamping the brown leaf sprig all the way around, I could erase my pencil lines, and then add my other elements, using ink colors that matched the background plaid.  This stamped circle was then popped above the rest of my card.

Here's the amazing kit for this month - don't wait too long!

October Card Kit 600

7 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning card Lin - love the way you have picked out the colours of the paper for the wreath.
Blessings
Maxine

Virginia L. said...

Really beautiful, Lin!! Love how you dive right in with the kit! The use of stamps and pattern are simply superb!

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful fall card Lin! I think the colors are PERFECT for September!

jintyoo7 said...

Beautiful card Lin, the colours are perfect for autumn :-)

Dawn T said...

This kit looks like it was made for you Lin. Beautiful card ��

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love that shade of blue with the orange and brown, Lin!!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Lin, I just saw this in the gallery and popped over for a closer look :-) love the colours and whole design of this, its an absolute beauty :-)

luv
Lols x x x