Saturday, October 22, 2016

SSS November Card Kit

I received my November Card Kit from Simon yesterday and got right to playing!


supplies:  wood plank design paper, Flower Frenzy embossing folder, Delicata Celestial Copper ink cube, Thankful Heart stamp set, flower paper clip, all from the November kit, my own metallic copper cardstock

I've been loving wood plank design papers, and was thrilled that one of them was in the kit.  I trimmed it to A2 card size, embossed it with the included folder, and then lightly used the ink pad to add color to the raised parts.  The little cube is perfect for doing this.  The panel was mounted to a card base, and then I stamped the sentiment with VersaFine ink and embossed it to keep it from smearing on the copper panel.  I also die-cut a circle from the same copper to insert inside the flower clip, and that's where I added some adhesive to make it stick to the card.  I photographed my card with the beautiful copper metallic envelope that is also included in the kit.

Here's the kit - beautiful for fall!  It's called Thankful Heart, and includes everything you see:

NOV Card Kit 600

8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific tone on tone card Lin!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning card - love the bronze on the woodgrains.
Blessings
Maxine

Susi said...

Love the new Blog Header, Lin! Perfect timing to show off such a gorgeous Fall-feeling card, with all it's warm tones and details.

Desperatehousewifecraft said...

Gorgeous card! Love the embossed flowers!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love what you did with that embossing folder, Lin - great card!!

Steph Mitchell said...

I liked your card so much I had to try something with a similar embossing folder I have and really like the result so thanks for sharing! I now have a couple of backgrounds for 2 more cards when I take my gear to mind my granddaughter on Friday. :-)

Lin said...

I'm thrilled that my card inspired you to create something, Steph! I'd love to see your resulting cards!

Steph Mitchell said...

Here is the link to my blog where I have uploaded a photo for you to see what I've done so far.
http://scentimentalities.blogspot.com.au/2016/10/inspiration.html