Thursday, December 8, 2016

Corbel Heart

Simon Says Stamp has just released their new Diecember products!  I got to play with this new Corbel Heart, paired it with an old favorite sentiment die, and here's the CAS result.


supplies: white cardstock, Simon's Corbel Heart and Painted Hugs dies, picked raspberry, ripe persimmon and spiced marmalade distress inks, sponging tool, adhesive foam tape

I started by sponging some distress inks onto a panel of white cardstock.  Next I cut out the Corbel Heart and hugs sentiment, then simply lifted the panel above my white card base so that some of the shadows from the negative cuts can be seen.

There are so many dies from this new release I've added to my wishlist already: the Birch Column die, the Flowing Vine Collage, and Elegant Roses - what are your favorites?  See them all HERE!

7 comments:

Betty said...

hard to believe we're thinking Valentine's Day already - and such a wonderful lovely card you've created!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Lin, I LOVE this new heart die and think is simply elegant! Beautifully done! Hugs!

Missy Pink said...

Classy and stunning. xx

Cat Craig said...

Oh Lin, I am so glad you used this one, it is lovely. I have been wondering what it looked like. Am thinking ahead to the next big card occasion.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your sponged heart panel, Lin - so perfect with the hugs negative too!!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a gorgeous heart die - and you have made it really sing on this wonderful card Lin.
Blessings
Maxine

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty heart die, this is wonderful!