Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Simon Says........More than One Die or Punch

wed-newchallenge-header

Happy Wednesday!  Welcome to another challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!


Our theme this week is "More than One Die or Punch", and my teamies and I are playing with Memory Box products!

First up, a card that combines 2 of my favorite things, hearts and wreaths, in one die:


supplies: white cardstock, Memory Box Heart Party Circle, My Favorite Things Thanks die, Zig watercolor markers and water, Simon Stitched Rectangle die, Scrapbook Adhesives foam squares

After cutting each of my dies, I left them in the scrap of cardstock and watercolored them, using an ombre effect on the sentiment.  Then I popped them out and attached them to my stitched rectangle.  The tiny hearts are pop-outs from the wreath.

My next card uses a fairly new butterly die, paired with a set of pinpoint rectangle dies:


supplies: white, Simon orange peel,  sunshine, and black cardstock, Memory Box Flickering Butterfly Collage and Pinpoint Rectangle dies, sentiment from Simon's Happy Every Day set, retired

For this one, I cut the butterfly 3 times, from black, sunshine, and orange peel cardstocks.  I fussy cut the black one out, attached it to my white background, and then paper-pieced the gold and orange details into it.  I also framed the panel with the same colors, using 2 other sizes of the pinpoint rectangle dies.  To finish I added a sentiment banner embossed in white on black.

Now it's your turn - I can't wait to see what you create!  Heidi has provided another $50.00 gift voucher

50dollar_voucher_600px

to the amazing Simon Says Stamp store for 1 lucky random winner of this week's challenge!

10 comments:

Tracy Freeman said...

They are both lovely, the wreath die is just gorgeous and love the colours on the second one.
Sending hugs xxx

Cat Craig said...

Wonderful cards for the challenge Lin! Stay warm.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beauties, Lin! Just love wreath with hearts and that butterfly looks amazing!!

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty cards Lin! The heart wreath is so sweet!

Unknown said...

Gantastic colouring. This is so pretty. I love the colors of the flowers and that gorgeous butterfly!!

AND Thank you for always encouragement for me.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a dramatic card the butterfly one is Lin - and the top one is also very pretty
Blessings
Maxine

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous designs, Lin! I love the pretty pink card but also the detail work in the butterfly card :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp

Carol L said...

I'm loving how easily you used 2 dies and kept the first card CAS! The butterfly card is fabulous with all those little bits of color and perfectly matching stitched layers! NJ on both!!

D.Ann C said...

These are both just absolutely beautiful!

Migdalia said...

I love the pretty heart & wreath. The butterfly is beautiful!Stunning cards.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M