Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Simon Says........Tag, You're It!

wed-newchallenge-header

Happy Wednesday!  Welcome to another challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!


Our theme this week is "Tag, You're It!", and we're playing with Ranger products.

Making tags has really grown on me, and I enjoyed making 2 tags today for this challenge, both of them featuring some lovely butterfly dies.  This first one uses a Tim Holtz stencil and distress inks for its background.


supplies:  Ranger #8 Manila Craft Tag, Tim Holtz Gothic stencil, peacock feathers, twisted citron, mowed lawn, blueprint sketch, and wilted violet distress inks, mini ink blending tool, Detailed Butterflies dies, black cardstock, Big Chat stickers, Tim Holtz crinkle ribbon

And for the second one, I used an embossing folder to make my background, and some much softer colors.

supplies: Ranger #8 Manila Craft Tag, Cuttlebug Anna Griffin Poppy embossing folder,  mowed lawn and spun sugar distress inks, Tim Holtz Detailed Butterflies dies, Big Chat stickers, Tim Holtz crinkle ribbon

To make this background, I first embossed my tag in the folder, then I lightly stroked a spun sugar ink pad across the raised (floral) surface.  Next I put the tag back into my folder, inked the top of the folder in mowed lawn, then closed the folder and ran it through my cuttlebug again.  Despite being careful to line up the tag during this step, it evidently moved a tiny bit, and gave this effect that allows part of the manila color to show through.  I'll probably never be able to achieve the same effect!  But for that reason, I chose to use the same manila to cut my butterflies.  

I love the garden effect this tag has, and chose these words for my sentiment - don't our gardens reflect our dreams?

Now it's your turn - I can't wait to see what you create!  Heidi has provided another $50.00 gift voucher

50dollar_voucher_600px

to the amazing Simon Says Stamp store for 1 lucky random winner of this week's challenge!


14 comments:

Tracy Freeman said...

Oh wow Lin they are both so beautiful, I LOVE the second one.
Sending hugs xx

Betty said...

love both of these tags Lin - would be difficult to choose a favorite

Maureen Morton said...

These are both so stunning with all the great color layering. So rich and wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Lorraine A said...

Beautiful tags Lin :-) both of them are so pretty! LOVE them :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two fabulous tags, Lin! Just love your delicate butterflies on the embossed and stenciled backgrounds!! I love tag-making too but it's been awhile - maybe I'll give it a go...

Mandy said...

Gorgeous tags Lin! In true Lin syle they are both so pretty xx

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful tags!!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh how beautiful Lin!!
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

two gorgeous tags Lin. The backgrounds are simply stunning

nancy dempsey said...

I love butterflies, tags and the colors you chose. Beautiful creations!

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful backgrounds on both of these pretty tags!!

Carol L said...

I saw the first tag on Pinterest the other day and had to pin it! It's gorgeous with color and design and just stole my heart immediately! Both tags are a gorgeous way to showcase butterflies and design! Fabulous tags!

Maureen Reiss said...

Really Beautiful tags!!!

Aileen said...

Two beautiful tags Lin, love how you have made both.