Wednesday, May 24, 2017

One more Wedding Card

I've seen several people use metallic/pearlescent watercolors on black cardstock, and I wanted to throw my hat in the ring, too.  The main floral image from Simon's Floral Bliss stamp set is the perfect vehicle to try this technique.


supplies: black cardstock, platinum glitter paper from DCWV Glitzy cardstock stack, pink dp from Echo Park's Wedding Bliss collection, Simon's Floral Bliss stamps, embossed in Ranger Liquid Platinum powder, and painted in with Yasutomo Pearlescent watercolors, clear sequins in centers of large roses



I also stamped and platinum embossed one of the single flowers in the stamp set on 2 pink slices of paper, to pull all the glitz all the way across the card, and added 3 clear sparkly sequins for a tiny bit more.  These watercolors are lovely against black - I only wish I could capture how pretty they really are, but I have a dreary day here, so I had to wing it!  If you want to see more examples of this technique, be sure to visit Simon's June 2017 Card Kit Gallery HERE, and look for Amy's and Nichol's gorgeous cards.

6 comments:

Aileen said...

What a stunning card Lin, love this look with the pearl paints. Stunning. Im away in the countryside at the moment so internet is patchy. Came to get a plane to the next destination and my flight was cancelledso making the most of internet access here while I wait.got a free breakfast too, not bad. Mind you I will be late for my next class but what can you do. Hope your well and spring is giving you so nice days.

Cindy C. said...

It's gorgeous!! Love the shimmers.

CherylQuilts said...

Lin, what a gorgeous card, and I just ordered this set (along with a few other things...hehe!). Stunning and so elegant with the embossing! Hugs! xoxo

nancy dempsey said...

So beautiful! I love it!

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW - what a stunner Lin - this is beautiful!!
Blessings
Maxine

Cathy said...

Beautiful effect, love the shimmery colours on the black. Your images are perfectly stamped and I'm in awe of that especially on black! Cathy x