Saturday, August 19, 2017

A Beachy Wreath

It's been kind of overcast and much cooler today, and I wanted to make a card for no other reason than to create.  Here's what I came up with, using lots of my favorite motifs.


supplies: white, kraft, Simon's Audrey Blue, Surf Blue, Green Apple and Green Leaf cardstock, Impression Obsession Wooden Plank cling, Hero Arts Soft Granite ink, Memory Box Grapevine Wreath (retired, but THIS Simon one looks identical to me), Lil Inker Perky Posies, Lawn Fawn Stitched Leaf, and Winnie & Walter Hugs dies, aqua pearls

I'm still in love with how easy this IO cling makes creating a plank background, and there is just something about a wreath that always appeals to me, so I combined the two, and gave the card a beachy theme against white-washed wood.  And I love the little stitched details on the flowers and leaves.  This was pure pleasure to put together!

Hope you're having a great weekend, enjoying the last of summer!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Would you mind telling me how you do a white-washed backgound? Thank you so much!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the dimension of your flowers, this is so pretty!

Lin said...

Brian, that "white-washed background" was my own terminology.....I simply stamped the plank background on white card stock with light grey ink.....Sorry if I confused you!

Dawn T said...

This is so beautiful Lin. That IO plank stamp is awesome. It looks so realistic.

Debbie said...

So pretty! I love the beachy look you created.

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

Lin, what a beautiful card. I love the colors you used and the flowers are perfect for the wreath.

Cat Craig said...

Wonderful card Lin. I love the wreath and the planks.

CherylQuilts said...

Gorgeous card, Lin, and I love the wreath with the flowers! And what a beautiful white-wash background! Hugs!

Susi said...

This card is so lovely! The soft grey woodgrain BG suits the colours you've chosen for your flower and twig wreath diecuts perfectly!