Thursday, September 14, 2017

Five for Friday!

Here's a card that I made for the Five for Friday post at Tammy Tutterow's blog  - - I'm playing with some more of her newest Happy Grams 4 release!


supplies: Bristol paper, Bazzill Candy Necklace card stock, Tammy's Nothing But Love cling background stamp, Sentiments 2 stamp and die, and smallest Prim Heart die, twisted citron, lucky clover and mowed lawn distress ink with water to watercolor, Simon's Stitched Rectangle die, Doodlebug Rainbow Heart sprinkles

I'm so pleased that she's given us another text background to play with!  Since I did a heart/love-themed card last time in traditional pinks, I thought I'd choose some very non-traditional colors for this kind of card - it may appeal better to guys in these colors.  So I stamped and white embossed the background, then diluted my 3 distress inks and washed the colors over the stamped panel.  That was trimmed, attached to my card base and then I just added Tammy's Prim Heart, sponged in lucky clover and spritzed, some little enamel hearts, and the sentiment.

I hope you'll visit Tammy's Blog to see what my talented sisters have done this time!

11 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

The background stamp is so amazing! What lovely colors and so neatly done, even if it is a "loose" feeling watercolor. Great card!

Kara said...

stunning background! love those colors!!

Lisa Elton said...

This is lovely Lin! The watery colors are wonderful!

Maureen Morton said...

Ah, Lin! You know I share your love of hearts and this is MY color combo! So love this card - the watercolor background is heavenly. Beautiful job!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

This color combo is genius!!! I super love the resist background. What a fabulous card!!!

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous Card Lin...it definitely appeals to me.

stampingbowd said...

This is beautiful!! Fabulous colors! Gorgeous embossing!!!

Catherine said...

Wow, Lin, this is amazing. I love the background and lovely colors you used. Absolutely gorgeous!

Cathie ♥

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Love, love, love this card, Lin! Great color combo and perfect with the trio of hearts!!

Karen Dunbrook said...

love it!! love..love...
xx Karen

SueB said...

love. Love. LOVE this card; thanx for the inspiration!