Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Simon Says.......Pop It Up!

wed-newchallenge-header

Happy Wednesday!  Welcome to another challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!


Our challenge this week is to "pop it up"!  And my teammates and I are playing with Lawn Fawn goodies!

It's September, so I take that as my okay to start making fall cards, and I have 2 for you today.


supplies: kraft and Audrey Blue cardstock, Bristol Paper for leaves, Lawn Fawn Stitched Leaves dies, various distress inks, inking tool, Simon's Autumn Blessings and Small Forest Tree dies, Impression Obsession Wooden Plank cling stamp, Audrey Blue ink, May Arts natural twine, Little B acorn stickers, adhesive foam squares, Glad Press & Seal

I adore this Stitched Leaves die set, and use it every year!  The stitched accents hold up really well to inking, and give a nice detail to the leaves. This time I decided to make a spray of autumn leaves against a bright plank background (I love teal/aqua with fall colors).  So after sponging my leaves with lots of distress inks, I arranged them as you see, adding some branches here and there, and then pressed some Glad wrap over them to hold them as I wanted.  That was turned upside down so I could add some tape to hold everything together on the reverse.  When I had constructed the rest of my card, I added my favorite "popping" squares, attached the spray to my card, and then peeled off the wrap.

Up next, another thing I love about fall - fresh, crisp apples!


supplies: white and red cardstock, a kraft wood-grain embossed paper (for the basket), dps from Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid Christmas and SN@P Wood and Notebook Basics pads,  Lawn Fawn's Thanks a Bushel stamp set, Simon's Stitched Rectangle and Circles dies, adhesive foam squares

I followed a sketch and used more planking and this bright cheery plaid for the panels, and to piece my apples.  The stitched circle and apple are popped up.

Now it's your turn - I can't wait to see what you create!  Heidi has provided another $50.00 gift voucher

50dollar_voucher_600px

to the amazing Simon Says Stamp store for 1 lucky random winner of this week's challenge!


And don't forget about STAMPtember!

13 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Lin :-) both are very pretty, I love the leaves and autumn colours on the first and the paper pieced apples are very cute, love them both :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Tracy Freeman said...

They are both lovely Lin. The paper pieced Apples look fab x

Virginia L. said...

Perfect Fall cards, Lin!! Love the textures and dimensions! Well done!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous cards Lin! I love how you've arranged the leaves with those cute little acorns, & your paper pieced apples are so cute xx

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

Lin, I absolutely love your leaves card with those gorgeous colors. And your apple card is so creative stamping the apples on the background paper. Love both of these!

Lisa Elton said...

A pair of pretty fall cards! I like your sweet plaid apples!

Wanda Cullen said...

Lin, these are both amazing cards, but the leaves are really striking! Love the dimension you achieved!

kiwimeskreations said...

What wonderful cards Linn - and thanks for the tip about using glad wrap to hold thing together!
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Two fabulous cards Lin. Beautiful leaves and love the apples.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love both cards, Lin - fab leaf swag and darling plaid apples!!

stampingbowd said...

I have just come over from SSS and saw your stitched leaves card. My attention was really caught by the wooden plank background! That is really beautiful!!!! I love the idea of making my own woodgrain paper because there is never enough in paper stacks or they don't match what I am working on. I see it's out of stock for now but I will keep my eye out. Both of your cards are beautiful!

Cat Craig said...

Fantastic selection of Fall cards Lin.

Karen Dunbrook said...

awesome cards mf...so great for this time of year.
xx Karen