Saturday, October 21, 2017

Fall

We are having a not very pretty fall here - it's been too warm for this time of year and everything is still green.  So I thought I'd play with one of Tammy Tutterow's clings and make my own fall.  Put on your sunglasses - this is a bright one!


supplies: white, Dark Chocolate, and watercolor paper, Tammy's Fall for You cling stamp, Hero Arts (retired) Maple Leaf cling stamp, various fall distress inks and lots of water, Spectrum Aqua markers, Simon's Stitched Maple Trio dies

I started with a piece of watercolor paper, and stamped the big maple leaf all across it in varying shades of distress inks, spritzing with lots of water.  Then I used the puddles of those same inks to splatter more color.  When dry, I overstamped the Fall for You and colored the details with my markers, then framed it in chocolate and added it to an oversize card base (5 1/4" X 4 3/4").  After die-cutting the small stitched leaves, I used the same distress inks to color them, then added them to my card.


Hope you're enjoying your day - thanks for coming by!

8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is fabulous Lin!!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunner Lin - love the intense fall colours you have used!
Blessings
Maxine

nancy dempsey said...

Thanks for the beautiful reminder of what fall should look like. It's mostly green still here in Cincinnati and then everything will be brown.

Dawn T said...

what a beautiful card Lin. Life has been hectic for me so it's nice to get back to checking out your lovely projects.

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous use of colors Lin.

Catherine said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! I LOVE the colors and that background is awesome. Your cards always have such perfect balance. Love this!

Cathie ♥

Vicki Chrisman said...

stunning!!

Jean said...

This is fabulous!