Sunday, November 19, 2017

Peace

I've been wanting to revisit a card I made 4 years ago.  It has always been one of my favorites; I like the mood it invokes.  Goodness knows we'll all need a little peace in the coming weeks!  Here is my newer version, just updating the trees in the foreground and the sentiment.


supplies: white, green, and Schoolhouse Red card stock, Tim
Holtz Woodlands and Holiday Words dies, Penny Black Christmas Cottage wood stamp, Zig markers to color, My Favorite Things Snow Drifts die, cardinals from Impression Obsession Birch Tree die set, salty ocean and peacock feathers distress inks, ink blending tool, Simon's Falling Snow stencil, Nuvo Moonstone glimmer paste, adhesive foam squares

I stamped and colored the cottage, then sponged in the sky with distress inks.  Next I overlaid a snowy slope, and stenciled on my falling snow, using glimmer paste for some sparkle.  When that was dry, I added the panel to a longer than usual card (about 6" X 4 1/4"), then affixed my sentiment, trees, and birds.

As always, thank you for stopping by to visit!

7 comments:

Maureen Morton said...

I loved it then (seems like just yesterday!) and love it even more now! Have a happy Thanksgiving, Lin. Thanks for so many years of inspiration.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Those woodland trees add the perfect update, Lin! Just love that sweet cottage and the peace diecut sentiment!!

Lisa Elton said...

This is gorgeous Lin! Love the festive traditional look and those pretty trees!

Dawn T said...

A stunner Lin. Love the big trees in the foreground

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

What a great way to get more use out of a stamp by adding those wonderful trees in the foreground. Such a pretty card to look at, Lin.

Sheeny said...

Beautiful!!

Cat Craig said...

What a lovely scene Lin, so peaceful.