Thursday, November 16, 2017

Winter Cheer

Here's another Snowy card, paired with a Tim Holtz stencil.


supplies: white and Mint card stock, Tim Holtz Holiday Knit stencil, picked raspberry and cracked pistachio distress oxide inks, Penny Black Snowy, sentiment from a retired The Craft's Meow set, glue pen and prisma glitter, pink pearls, adhesive foam squares

I first embossed the stencil into the card stock, and then added my inks - I like the subtle difference embossing makes.  I smooshed some picked raspberry onto my kraft mat, spritzed it with water, and then colored in Snowy's hat and scarf this time, adding some glitter to his hat and some pink pearl buttons to his body.  I had first stamped the sentiment in pink, but it faded into the background, so it ended up black, tucked in behind the popped-up snowman.

The oxide inks blended like butta through the stencil, and cleaned up easily, too!  Love these colors together - like sherbet!  Thanks for stopping by......

10 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous! Just about to ink-up Snowy myself, Jo x

Cat Craig said...

What a cutie!

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

Lin, your stenciling is so perfect; I thought it was background paper. What a stunning card with beautiful colors. Snowy is so cute!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous stenciling, Lin - so yummy in that color combo! Just love the sweet snowwoman too!!

Dawn T said...

So very pretty Lin. The colours are delightful.

Donna said...

So cute Love those buttons. x

Lisa Elton said...

This is adorable, what happy colors!!

Evelyn said...

Love this card - the snowman is so cute with his pearl like buttons and the background is wonderful!! Also the two Furry Friends cards are so adorable - love the colors on these two as well. Thanks for sharing.

CherylQuilts said...

Ooh, Lin, I have not seen a snowman I didn't love...and this one is so darling! I LOVE the colors, and this stencil is fabulous! The colors are really fabulous too, and I have got to CASE this card. I have an older PB snowman with a little bird atop its hat that I may try. Thanks for your wonderful inspiration all the time! Happy and blessed Thanksgiving, sweet friend! Hugs!

jintyoo7 said...

Fabulous card Lin - those colours are magical together ....so sweet :-)