Monday, January 15, 2018

Birthday Butterflies

Here are 2 cards for some birthday girls this month.........both using butterflies and a variation on the same sketch.


supplies: white and black card stock, Doodlebug pink and purple dot petite print, Calais Butterflies, sentiment from Brush Stroke Messages, tiny heart die, Audrey Cutaway  scalloped die, adhesive foam squares

I inlaid the butterflies into the scalloped panel, then lined them with purples and pinks, scattering a few little die-cut hearts.

For my 2nd card, I changed up the butterflies, stamped ones this time, but the other supplies are the same.


supplies: white, black, and Audrey Blue card stock,  (retired) Hero Arts Stamp & Cut Antique Flowers and Butterflies, colored with Chameleon Cool Tones markers (BV4 Blue Violet) and Blue Tones Color Tops (BG3 Turquoise), Simon's Brush Stroke Messages, Audrey Cutaway scalloped die, adhesive foam squares to lift butterflies

I finally got myself some Chameleon color tops to add to the set of markers I already have, and had a little play with blending.  They are fun!

My cards for the next couple of months are going to be simpler than usual, as we are in Florida, and I left lots of supplies at home.  Hope you'll bear with me.......

7 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

The polka dots are so cheerful! And the blue butterflies are just lovely. Great cards!

Barbara said...

Love the little bluebird on your banner. Look for it each year! :) Your cards are beautiful. I'm still using and loving the Hero Arts butterflies, too! :)

Lisa Elton said...

I like your lovely fluttery butterflies! These are pretty Lin!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous butterfly cards, Lin! Of course love all the hearts on card 1 and the yummy coloring on those HA stamped butterflies!! Hope you're enjoying Florida!

nlwilson46 said...

Lovely cards! Hope you're warm & toasty in Florida. Below 0 here in Minnesota. Always enjoy your posts

Arlene said...

Such beauties. I love embedded die-cuts and the colors on the HA butterflies - WOW.

Cat Craig said...

Sweet cards Lin.