Sunday, February 25, 2018

Tropical Birthday

Here's a card I made for my husband's birthday while we're in Florida.  He has come to enjoy flowers as much as I do.  One of our favorite things about spending time here is how different the vegetation is as compared to home, especially at this time of year, when it's so drab at home......


supplies: white, Orange Peel, Sunshine, coral, and black card stock, Newton's Nook Tropical Leaves stencil, Altenew Tropical Forest mini inks, Memory Box Hibiscus die, Simon's Big Hugs die, My Favorite Things Wonky Stitched Rectangle die

Though it doesn't show much in this picture, I also inked the centers of the flowers for a little extra detail.

Thank you for coming to visit today!

7 comments:

Betty said...

such a pretty card, Lin - love it!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Beautiful! I have also used flowers on many men’s cards. I do think they like them quite a bit more than we know!

adele holcomb said...

I am a Floridian with a yard full of pink hibiscus; and this is the prettiest hibiscus card I've ever seen! Enjoy your stay here. If your travels take you to the Jupiter area, please make contact!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous hibiscus flowers on the leafy background, Lin - bet Denny loved it! Hope you're having a great winter!!

Lisa Elton said...

This is tropical, warm and ever so pretty!

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous blooms Lin, so tropical in keeping with your current locale.

nancy dempsey said...

Beautiful!