Friday, August 20, 2010

Yellow Pansies

This is the card from Makiko Jones that is the inspiration for the CASE study challenge this week.   I really liked her color selection of all shades of yellow, going into orange, and green.  Here is my take on it:


I brought the busy background forward on my version, coloring it with pencils, and changed up the shape of the diecut.  Because of the busy-ness of the background, I chose to add my sentiment on a strip of vellum.  My ribbon was pretty stiff, and so I didn't achieve the lovely bow that Makiko did, but I like that shade of green with my card.

Supplies: Hero Arts K5185 Wallpaper Flowers, CL181 SparkleClear Messages, CG148 Blossoms (leaves), white cardstock, Heidi Grace designer paper (plaid), Core'dinations cardstock (melon), versafine onyx black ink, colored pencils, fabric pansies, orange flower brads, green ribbon, green gems, nestabilities oval and scalloped oval dies

10 comments:

  1. these pansies are so pretty, Lin! beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, Lin! Love that plaid paper in the background! Your pansies are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, Lin! I love the fabric pansies and the touch of texture that they add... great inspired card! Thanks so much for playing with us! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful warm colors...it's got the last of the summer flowers and the beginnings of Fall. I love your take on the inspiration with the pretty Wallpaper Flowers and paper pansies. You really know how to construct a lovely card!
    hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another stunner Lin! You have used Maki's colours so well, I love the background!! I always had trouble with my bows (especially with stiff ribbon) until I checked out Amy's Tutorial- makes is soooooo easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lin, so pretty, love the background and the pansy's you added!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful design and lovely colors. Can see the inspiration in your card. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another stunner, Lin! Love the color scheme and I think that the bow looks darling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabby! Love the colours you CASEd and your vellum treatment looks great!
    Thanks so much for taking part in this week's CASE study!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is gorgeous Lin! I love your colouring of the wallpaper flowers and the pretty plaid background! The pansies are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind comments - they make my day!