Thursday, February 26, 2015

Simon Says Stamp March Card Kit


This month's Card Kit at Simon Says Stamp is a real beauty!  Just look at those luscious colors!  This month there are some 3 x 4 cards from Authentique to match the papers in the kit, and I couldn't resist making my first card using one of them with the papers.

That printed panel is so gorgeous, I simply framed it with a series of the papers and black cardstock that were in the kit, and added nothing else.  I'm leaving it blank for now until it's used, and then I'll add an appropriate sentiment.  

My next card shows the stamps and the die that are in the set.


First I stamped one of the sentiments diagonally across my card front, then die-cut a row of polka dots over and below it.  Next I masked off that area and stamped several of the flowers in Soft Granite and Butter Bar inks.  And lastly I lined the back of the front of the card with the gold shimmering cardstock from the kit; it really does have a lovely shimmer that glows when the card is turned a certain way.

I have no doubt that this kit will sell out like so many of its sisters, so if I were you, I'd grab it while it's still available!

15 comments:

Pam W Merwin said...

I love what you did with the sentiment and the die! Great colors with the flowers. I am always inspired by your cards :-)

Virginia L. said...

Beautifully STAMPED on your 2nd card. At first I thought it was the PATTERN PAPER!I saw it over Flickr, The 2nd card is not showing here in the blog though!! Love them both, Lin!

Nancy K said...

I love that color combo in the kit and your beautiful card! I love a wonderful stamped background!

Cat Craig said...

First card isn't showing for me Lin. Checking it out on flickr.

Tracey McNeely said...

Lin your card is so fabulous, love the colours and t hat sentiment!

Lisa Elton said...

Lovely cards Lin! You did a wonderful job stamping the second one, I thought it was paper!!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I love this kit! It is so bright and cheery and pretty (like you!!) Your projects really bring it to life. Hope you're having a great week Lin! XOXO

Anonymous said...

You've made some beautiful cards with this kit and beautiful stamping !!!

Dawn T said...

The colours are fabulous Lin. Love the yellows and greys together. Your cards are beautiful

Greta said...

I've never used pre-made cards, but your first creation makes me want the ones in this kit! Actually, I love the kit even though yellow is not on my list of favorite colors. Your second card is so gorgeous--love everything about it, Lin!

Clare said...

Both of these cards are so pretty! Great idea to leave the one unstamped for whatever occasion calls for it, and I love the one layer stamped card!!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Lin :-) both are fabulous ! very pretty :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Karin Åkesdotter said...

WOW - these two cards are Amazing Lin!!!

Bonnie said...

What an awesome kit, Lin! Love the mix of papers you've used and the pretty spring flowers!

Karen Dunbrook said...

love the yellow and gray together...so pretty...