Just as Julie did, I inked the front of the stencil with Shaded Lilac and just a bit of Dusty Concord distress inks, then spritzed it lightly and layed it on a piece of watercolor paper. Shaded lilac is such a lovely color, a nice periwinkle or lavender blue color. I quickly blotted anything that was too oozy, removed the stencil and then let it dry, after which I edged the whole panel with Shaded Lilac and attached it to my card base. Next I stamped and white embossed the roses and leaves from The Big, the Bold, and Extras, and then using some watered-down distress inks, painted in the colors (shaded lilac, peeled paint and shabby shutters), and then cut them out. The shaded lilac was reallllly light, so I went back in while the roses were still wet and overstamped the solid image in the set that matches in shaded lilac - much better, and I still get that mottled, watercolor look on them. After that it was just a matter of finding this grosgrain ribbon that matches perfectly, and teaming it up with a PTI die-cut tiny tag, stamped with little words from The Big, The Bold, and the Happy. That little heart is part of the die; it pops out, so I inked it also with shaded lilac straight from the pad and inserted it back in. After putting everything together, I though it needed just a little sparkle, so I added these dusty pink/lavendar sequins that I think are antiques from my friend Carol.
Thanks for visiting today!