Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Simon Says........One Layer

wed-newchallenge-header

It's Wednesday and that means a new challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!


Our theme this week is "One Layer", and the DT are playing with Paper Smooches products.  

I think I've said this before, but I have great respect for those of you who can make a 1-layer card interesting.  I found this challenge quite challenging!


supplies: white cardstock, Paper Smooches Blossoming Buds stamp set, Simon Hydrangea, Hero Arts Bubble Gum, Wplus9 Silver Lining, and VersaFine Onyx Black inks, heart line die-cut, Paper Smooches Dashes die, Doodlebug Lily White Glitter sprinkles 

I masked my card diagonally and stamped a ditsy floral pattern, bordered it with lines of hearts and stitching to give it a lace-like edge, and then stamped my sentiment in the remaining area.  Lastly I stamped the 3 flowers near the sentiment and centered each with a sparkly enamel dot.

On my next card I inlaid my image and sentiment:


supplies: black and white cardstock, BoBunny dotted cardstocks in 2 greens, red, and yellow, Paper Smooches Adorable Array and Birthday Words dies, My Mind's Eye enamel dots

Now it's your turn!  I can't wait to see what you do this week!  We have a $50.00 gift certificate for one random winner of our challenge!

50dollar_voucher_600px

Simon Says Stamp

Do you use Instagram?  If you do, we'd love you to add #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there, too!

12 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Lin, both are so pretty and I love the dies you used, the dashes and hearts look fabulous and I love the Happy Birthday font too! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous cards, Jo x

Lisa Elton said...

You did a great job on both of these cute cards Lin!! That little heart border adds so much interest and I love that whimsical red flower!

Tracey McNeely said...

Both such beautiful cards Lin, the colours are so pretty!

Heather said...

Gorgeous cards Lin, such a pretty colour and dashes on the first card, I love second one with beautiful inlaid flowers and stunning details!!

hugs
Heather xx

maria f. said...

Whoa! What a masterpiece in inlaid die cutting!

kiwimeskreations said...

What gorgeous cards Lin - love the lacy border on the top card, and the drama of the strong colours on the second
Blessings
Maxine

Angela Walters said...

Could you please tell me how you were able to inlay your die cuts on the second card with it only being one layer? I can't figure it out! Thank you very much!!

Lin said...

Angela, I emailed you.

Cat Craig said...

You do flowers so well Lin. Fabulous~

Stephanie said...

Two gorgeous flower cards, Lin!! I'm a bit partial to the inlaid die technique but they're both perfectly lovely!!!


*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Kim P said...

I love inlaid designs...just found your blog and I love your work!