Thursday, September 23, 2010

So Blessed


This is the first day of Autumn! I hope you're not tired of my Autumn cards yet.  These colors make me happy, and so do the usual cooler temperatures.  But today we have highs almost in the 90's - what's up with that?  Hoping for a return to "normal" soon! 

I'm entering this into the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge,  to use fall colors and/or leaves.  The prize there is a gift certificate to Our Daily Bread designs....I don't have any of their stamps and would love to try them!  

 I used distress inks in autumn colors to color a sheet of glossy cardstock, and then overstamped the music background using water.  I immediately heat set that, and then stamped the wreath using Adirondack cranberry ink.  The sentiment was framed  and popped in the center and I added a raffia-like bow to finish. 

Supplies:  glossy white cardstock, Hero Arts Grenadine notecard, spiced marmalade and wild honey distress inks, Adirondack cranberry ink, Hero Arts CG222 Music Background, CG215 Wreath of Leaves, CL119 Happy Thanksgiving (sentiment), raffia bow

16 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Lin - it is great having you play along this week at SSIC! Whata gorgeous card - I love the dsitressing with that fabulous image!! Your bow is the perfect touch! Love it! Thanks for playing along at the Stampin' Sisters for Christ Challenge this week, we appreciate your support and would love to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Lin, this is gorgeous and I love the soft fall colors that you used. Great card.

Alice said...

beautiful warm colors! lovely card, LIn! congrats on your Hero win, too!!

Barb said...

I don't think I would ever get sick of your Autumn cards, Lin. . .even if you made them all year long! This one is simply gorgeous! Congrats, again on your win today! :)

Anne said...

Lin this is just beautiful- love the wonderful Autumn colors here! How fun to use the music BG and the wreath stamp together this way.

Miesje said...

This is truly beautiful Lin! I love the background! I love the entire card! Thanks for playing at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

Becky said...

Lin this is beautiful, love the colors and the design. Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

Virginia L. said...

Stunning! Love the wreath in this and with that music BG stamp? Wow!

Dawn T said...

this is a wonderful card Lin. Congrats on your win over at HA as well..... a multi talented lady.

Jenny said...

Sooo pretty Lin! LOVE IT! :) :) :) :) :)

Anonymous said...

The card is beautiful. I like the subtle music notes background and the colors a lot! Thank you for sharing the technique.

Hellemor said...

so gorgeous, Lin. Love the music backgrond for the wreath of Leaves and the colors - just amazing.

Jacqueline said...

Thanks for posting the link to the Stampin' Sisters - so happy to have found it!! Carry on making your Fall cards Lin, so enjoyable!

Grace said...

Oh Lin this is gorgeous!!! I'm loving the warm colors and I too am tired of the 90 degree days and am READY for fall!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

stampingandstitching said...

I will never, ever tire of your autumn cards, Lin!! I love your combination of stamps on this card and the background looks fantastic! The bow is so pretty too!

Suzanne C said...

Love all your cards. :) The autumn are fabulous with the beautiful rich colors. Gorgeous wreath and design.