Thursday, December 4, 2014

Clearly Christmas

What beautiful colors in the inspiration for us at the Curtain Call challenge!


And since it's called CLEARLY Christmas, I wanted to use something clear on my card.  I remembered a digital image from Jane's Doodles that I had previously printed out in several sizes on vellum, and that's where my card started.


I colored 3 of the vellum poinsettias with green and blue markers, and stacked them together after cutting them out.  They were attached to a MFT stitched tag, which was stamped with a (now discontinued) The Craft's Meow sentiment from Holiday Poinsettia.  The tag was attached to a card base embossed with Cuttlebug's Victoria pattern, and I scattered some turquoise and green sequins.

I love the special look that vellum gives!

Thanks for stopping by!  

23 comments:

Pam W Merwin said...

Oh my - I LOVE it too, Lin! What a great design and the vellum poinsettia is beautiful :-)

Jackie said...

Wow! That's gorgeous! I love that green and blue poinsettia and it looks great in vellum.

Unknown said...

This is truly beautiful Lin. Love how that poinsettia pops off the white.

Far North said...

Stunning! Love how the beauty of your poinsettia!

Sue McRae said...

Love the mingling of colours through the flowers translucent layers, it makes me think of stained glass.

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, one of my favourite colour combos - great for Christmas! Jo x

Cindy C. said...

The blue poinsettia is really striking Lin!!

Lisa Elton said...

Lin this is STUNNING!!!

LauraJane:) said...

GORGEOUS vellum poinsettia!

Becca Cruger said...

Oh my goodness, this card is so incredibly gorgeous! I LOVE that poinsettia!

joy said...

Cleary Christmas and Clearly GORGEOUS! I love this, Lin! You make the most amazing cards.

Dawn T said...

Beautiful Lin. The colours are stunning.

jintyoo7 said...

How beautiful, Lin!

Barb said...

Oh, Lin, that layered, vellum flower i so pretty! Love the greens and blues together! Beautiful card! ♥

Michelle said...

Wow!
How pretty would a blue poinsettia be?!!!
Love it, Lin!

Tenia Nelson said...

What a GORGEOUS card!! Thanks for playing at the Curtain Call!!!

Ineke said...

Very beautiful, love it.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous vellum flower, Lin! And I love the sentiment in blue too!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! The vellum flower is genius!!!

Amy Sheffer said...

How beautiful! Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call!

Tracey McNeely said...

This is gorgeous Lin, wow I can't stop checking it out! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Curtain Call!

BożenA said...

Very unusual colors, but it is the effect of stunning Whoa oh.
hugs,
Bozena

Sheila in Cyprus said...

WOW!! What a stunning card. Love your colour choice for the poinsettia, it certainly 'pops' on the card.

Love Sheila x