Sunday, December 5, 2010

Let it Snow!

Today I thought I'd share my collection of snowmen and pine trees.  They are housed in our dining room, because there's a fireplace (and mantle) there on which to show them off.  I've been collecting these for many years; again, they are a mix of homemade, bought, and gifts.  Here is the center of the line-up:


And a collage of most of them.   There's even one in an old mason jar!


This year we put in this little Charlie Brown tree, which usually decorates the porch with just red ribbons, but we thought we'd try it here this year.  I used mostly red ornaments and some snowflakes on  it.  


And since we're in the snowman mode, here's a snowman card:


I'm entering it into Caardvark's final challenge: monocromatic.  As always, thanks for visiting!

9 comments:

Nancy said...

It is so much fun to see your Christmas decorations, Lin. Is that one of your quilts above the mantle? Gorgeous!

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

What a wonderful collection of snowmen and pine trees....I loved looking!! AND I love your Charlie Brown tree too....so cute!!

Virginia L. said...

GORGEOUS display!! So homey and sweet! Love your snowman card,too! Adorable with all the glitter!

Deirdre said...

Lin, adore your snowmen and displays... so beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Have a great day.

Suzanne C said...

Lovely collection of snowmen and your matching card is adorable! I love that you have a charlie brown christmas tree!

walchowDesign said...

Wow! You've a wide range ofa snowmen collection. I'm sure they will bring you some sentimental value at this time of the year. Great card from the snowmen too!

Sue McRae said...

Wow, so many Christmas goodies in your house Lin and your snowman card is too cute!

Alice said...

awww... love your snowman collection, Lin! and your card is just adorable! love this sweet post!

Unknown said...

this is beautiful!!!! :)