Monday, August 8, 2011

Inspired by Kathy

Today on Kathy's post, she showed us a card she made to please herself.  I liked that idea;  I think when our mojo is lagging it's a good idea to just play for no other reason than to create something that pleases us.  Kathy is known for her white dots and they do add a wonderful extra to her creations, example being the flowers in her post today.  So I decided to find a flower that I could minimally color, just to highlight it a bit, and add some white dots just like she did.  You should know by now that I love color, and particularly pastel color, so I chose the lightest shades of a few Hero Arts layering paper packs (and the lavender one from Penny Black) to stamp my flower on:



supplies: white and camel card stock, the lightest shades of each Hero Hues layering papers packs in Sea, Sunshine, Blush, and from Penny Black, Purple Mountain, and grass from the Foliage layering papers, flower from Hero Arts CL443 Good Thoughts, and sentiment from an old Archiver's/Hero set AR130 Handwritten Sentiments, Memento markers in Sea, Sunshine, Blush and Floral, and a white Sakura Gelly Roll pen, assorted buttons and thread, Sizzix Tim HOltz Caged Bird and Branch with Leaves dies, twine


Since Hero Arts makes so many coordinating items, I used their Hero Hues Memento markers to add a bit of shading on each flower, then Kathy's white dots, and centered each one with a coordinating button.    I am finally starting to get some dies; I used my most recent purchases, the Tim Holtz Caged Bird and the Sizzix Branch with Leaves to fill out my card.  Here's a detail, showing the flowers a little closer.


Dare I enter this into the Moxie Fab World's "Fanatical about Botanical" challenge?  Cath will probably say "please don't!" ........I already entered 9 other cards!  

This card will be going to Canada, to thank Nat for a package that I received from her today, as a winner in her 90-minute scramble a few weeks ago.   

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Love this flower card and the colors you chose. Just gorgeous:)

Anonymous said...

Lovely design! Those colours are gorgeous together, and I'm sure Nat will love it ;)
Rx

Barb said...

Love your pretty flowers, Lin! The birdcage die and leaves are the perfect backdrop for them! Nat's going to love this!

MarcyK924 said...

Oh DO!!! What's one more card!! I LOVE that bird cage die! And those flowers with the dots are awesome! I love to play when my mojo is on vaca - the best things come out of it! Even if I set it aside and come back later, it gets those creative juices flowing again! Lin is back in the saddle! By the way, I like your Sizzix leaves better than mine!!! :-D

Tracey said...

BEAUTIFUL Lin!!! LOVE those flowers so!!!!!

Pam W Merwin said...

Made me smile :-) It is lovely - the colors are gorgeous on the flowers and I do love the birdcage and leaves as your background. Just absolutely love your work :-)

joy said...

Love the white dots - and, the cage die! I haven't used mine nearly enough!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL! There's nothing wrong with your mojo girlfriend! This is wonderful. I love the way you popped the flowers and the white dots are perfect! Have a wonderful week sweet Lin!

Brenda said...

Oh come on! Put this one in too! Love it, the beautiful colors and gorgeous dies! Super card Lin!

Dawn T said...

what a great card ~ such pretty soft colours on you flowers. Love the {Kathy} dots.

Petra Tillmann said...

Great design and your flowers are beautiful!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Lin! Thanks for linking this up to the Fanatical About Botanical challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

78thistles said...

Pretty card Lin! Great job on those flowers.

Yvette said...

Great design! Beautiful!

Kathy said...

Wow Lin I LOVE your card! You are so sweet to credit me with the white dots.. :)You have used my card for inspiration and made a much better version of mine!
Loved reading your post too. Thanks for sharing with me sista. Good luck at Moxie Fab....I know this will be a croud pleaser.
Hugs, Kathy

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH! I love how you used that cage with the flowers--THAT is gorgeous! I LOVE the colors and the pop of your details! LOVE LOVE LOVE:)