Tuesday, May 24, 2016

MFT Sketch Challenge

Sneaking in at the last hour with an entry for the current My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge:

MFT Sketch #281

supplies: white and black cardstock, MFT Flashy Florals stamps and dies, MFT fabulous die, Simon's Stitched Rectangles die, Hero Arts Wallpaper Background woodblock from 1999, various sequins, adhesive foam squares

I was so enthralled with Karolyn's velveteen stamping here, that I went the same route, using a very old Hero Arts ditzy floral stamp for my pattern.  This is a technique invented by Shari Carroll when she was a Hero Arts artist; basically you stamp a pattern in white pigment ink on white cardstock, and when it's dry, overstamp your designs.....the white pattern will float upwards and be subtly visible through the overstamped colors.  Here's a detail photo to show the effect a little better:

detail, Velveteen technique

Here's the sketch:

9 comments:

  1. This says summer to me, very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love the pattern for your velveteen stamping, Lin - pretty card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card Lin - thanks for telling us about the technique - I must try it.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very gorgeous card Lin ! This stamp set is awesome and I love the colors you chose ! Izzy Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is simply awesome! You used this technique (I remember Shari's invention!!!) perfectly! I must say this flower stamp set is very beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lin, I love how you achieved this look, its so pretty and soft. Have to give this a go. Beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, and beautiful result of the velveteen stamping! Love the close-up photo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind comments - they make my day!