Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Simon Says........Things with Wings

wed-newchallenge-header
Happy Wednesday!  Welcome to another challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday blog!



Our theme this week is "Things with Wings"!  The Design Team are using Doodlebug Designs products, a company that I love!  I have oodles of their products - love their 6" paper pads, which have miniature patterns, perfect for card making, and I am a big fan of their washi tape and enamel dots, which they call sprinkles.  I'm choosing butterflies as my "winged thing" this week, and I made 3 cards for you!

For my first card, I chose citrus colors and used washi tape for a summer theme:


supplies: white and black cardstock, Doodlebug Limeade Daisy Petite Prints, Tangerine and Bumblebee Swiss Dot washi tapes, Limeade, Tangerine, and Bumblebee sprinkles, Simon's Leanna butterly die, DieNamics Blueprints 20 "x" die, Paper Smooches sentiment from Summer Groves

This butterfly design paper from Doodlebug was too perfect not to use for this challenge:


supplies: white and purple cardstock, butterfly and pink design papers from Doodlebug's Hello Spring paper pad, BumbleBee sprinkles, Tim Holtz Detailed Butterflies die, Simon's Stitched Circle die, Spellbinder's Scalloped Circle die, Simon's Birthday Flowers sentiment, Mini Misti

And finally, for my last card, I used papers from a Doodlebug winter collection, Polar Pals, and paper-pieced my butterfly.  Love this cool plaid!


supplies: white cardstock, dps from Doodlebug Polar Pals paper pad, Hero Arts Artist's Butterfly stamp, Simon's Painted Hello die, Spellbinder's Scalloped Rectangle die, Doodlebug White Glitter and Blue Jean sprinkles, Mini Misti

Now it's your turn - I can't wait to see what you create!  Heidi has provided another $50.00 gift voucher

50dollar_voucher_600px
to the amazing Simon Says Stamp store for 1 lucky random winner of this week's challenge!

Simon Says Stamp

12 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Beautiful cards Lin, all of them are so pretty! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Virginia L. said...

You are the master for butterfly cards. This post shows just that! Love all 3 versions, but the first one is my fav!! :) Enjoy your day, big sis!

Unknown said...

Oh my! These are beautiful Lin. I don't think I can pick a favorite. On the third card, I love how you placed the sprinkles on the wings. Just lovely.

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous flutterbys.

Lisa Elton said...

I like all of your pretty butterflies Lin! Wonderful cards!

kiwimeskreations said...

What amazing cards - love the first (summery) one, and the second one with the butterflies in the background is really pretty.
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

how pretty Lin. Your butterfly cards are gorgeous.

jintyoo7 said...

Gorgeous work Lin - what a lovely variety of butterflies :-)

Stephanie said...

What a gorgeous trio of butterfly cards, Lin! Love them all! :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your butterfly cards, Lin!! Especially love the Artist's Butterfly with all the white sprinkles!!

Tracey McNeely said...

So much sweetness Lin!!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

All 3 cards are beautiful, but my favorite is the first one. I like the delicate cuts in the butterfly wings and the summery color scheme. Blessings!