Thursday, September 1, 2016

CASology Stitch challenge

The moment I saw the cue word for the CASology challenge this week, I knew I wanted to play.  When you say "stitch" to me, I think of stitching quilts!


supplies: white and Audrey Blue cardstock, Lil Inker Circles and Diamonds Stitched Pattern cover plate which was made to go along with their Diamonds stamp set, vintage photo distress ink, Hero Arts Orange Soda and Butter Bar inks, Simon Audrey Blue ink, sentiment from Paper Smooches Needle Little Love, Memory Box Pinpoint Rectangle dies

This would be a one-layer card, except for the frame I added around the stamped area.  I've been enjoying mixing an aqua with fall colors lately, so I continued for today's card, too.  One of the diamond options in the stamp set is a woodgrain, which is so unique, and seems to be a good choice with these fall colors.  Playing with this cover plate and matching stamps is almost as fun (and a WHOLE lot faster) as stitching a quilt!


Thanks for coming by today!  Be sure to visit the CASology blog - I'm looking forward to seeing all the other entries!

10 comments:

Melissa said...

Quilts are most definitely a must for this week's cue word!!! This is absolutely beautiful, Lin! So colorful and even the sentiment is stitched! Love it! :)
Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology!

Megan said...

This is great, Lin! I love how you added the stitched frame. Really makes the "quilt!"

Lisa Elton said...

This is so pretty, love this cover plate!!

Unknown said...

Another very gorgeous card Lin ! I love this Circles and Diamonds Stitched Pattern and the colors you chose are so beautifully mixed together ! Definitely it looks like a stitching kilt ! BTW is that a new picture on the head of your blog or am I dreaming ? Thanks for sharing. Izzy Scrap

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW - what a beauty Lin - love this gorgeous card.
Blessings
Maxine

Tracey McNeely said...

Very pretty Lin, I have always loved that die! Thank you for sharing with us at CASology this week!

Cat Craig said...

Fantastic take on the challenge Lin. I love your quilted cards.

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautiful quilt card - I'm loving the colors! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week!

FreeToBeMe..LisaJ said...

Lin, So beautiful such a lovely card and congrats on the win.

SueB said...

lovin' how you combined your two loves - papercrafting and quilting!