Monday, April 23, 2018

A Little Cross Stitch

Back in the dark ages I did a fair amount of cross-stitch.  I loved the shading available with all of the floss colors, but I did not like how expensive it was to frame a piece.  Eventually the close work got to be hard on my eyes, and so I put away all my materials and moved on to other things.

But seeing the merging of cross-stitching and card making makes me happy, so when I unearthed some 14-count perforated papers in my closet, I thought I'd have a go.  I found this pattern through a My Favorite Things printable patterns.


supplies: purple, beige, and black card, ecru perforated paper, DMC floss in 3 periwinkles/ 2 greens, 3 strands, Taylored Expressions Garden Party embossing folder, sentiment from Simon's Happy, Memory box Pinpoint Rectangle dies

It took me a good 4 hours to stitch this tiny little piece, but it was time enjoyably spent!  If you google cross-stitch cards, you'll be able to find lots of small-scale patterns that will work on a card.  And I see that you can still buy perforated paper, or you could get yourself one of those dies - Paper Smooches, My Favorite Things, and Altenew all have their own versions.  See some HERE.

Thanks for stopping by - hope you have a great week!

8 comments:

Betty said...

so sweet and love the colors you chose.

Steph Mitchell said...

Gorgeous!!
I once bought a cross-stitch that was supposedly a weekend project. Obviously they didn't have a family to care for, didn't sleep or do anything else from Fri evening to Mon morning!! It took me a lot longer than that but was worth it.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very cool combo of two crafts! I liked cross stitch, but had no patience for it once I made an error. I am much better at recycling paper that I messed up stamping than ripping out stitches!

kiwimeskreations said...

This is beautiful Lin - love the way you have so subtly shaded it - and yes I can believe that it took you four hours to stitch - cross stitch is not a fast stitch to do!
Blessings
Maxine

newbie85 said...

Very pretty card and I love the color you used. But I can't do anything with thread. We don't get along at all!!!! Using card stock. stamps and die is more up my alley!! Love the EF! Could you tell me what it is?

Lin said...

Thank you, Donna. If you read just under the picture of my card you'll see that I list all of my supplies there. The embossing folder is called Garden Party, by Taylored Expressions.

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully stitched Lin.

Daria said...

So pretty. That embossing folder makes a nice frame for your stitched flowers. TFS.