Sunday, September 2, 2018

STAMPtember Blog Party!!


I'm excited today to be participating in the first ever STAMPtember Blog Party!  This is NOT a hop, just a blog celebration of friends who are excited to show off the new STAMPtember goodies that were released yesterday HERE.  Each of us will have a promotional banner to share with our followers - we want you to have fun and see all the different promotions available throughout the party!  Everything starts at the Simon Says Stamp Blog.  And visit there often, as throughout all of September we will be celebrating with exclusive collaborations, contests, prizes, promotions and lots of surprises!!

1_416218_ZM

I was thrilled to receive this big background cling stamp called Plank Background  - this planking is a modern take on one of my favorite motifs!  


supplies: white, dark green, and Schoolhouse Red card stock, new Plank Background stamp, colored with Brush Stroke Messages and blue distress inks, Impression Obsession Birch Tree dies, Tim Holtz Woodlands Thinlets die, Tim Holtz idea-ology Big Chat sticker

I first stamped the plank outline background in a dark blue ink, then I used a long brushstroke stamp to color it, using lots of blue distress inks.  That panel was then trimmed to fit my card, and then I cut my birch trees, cardinals, and a pine. (I didn't take out the parts of the pine that are built into it - I wanted a silhouette, instead).  Those were glued onto my background, and I added the sticker - I wanted something small as a sentiment, and this fit the bill perfectly!

One more photo, because I love how this turned out!


Before I go, I have a banner I don't want you to miss - you can use it or any of the others you'll find today whenever you place an order, now until September 4, while supplies last.  Have fun!


22 comments:

Nancy said...

Love the creative background you created with this stamp, Lin!

Cat Craig said...

you've done well with that bg stamp.

Dee Earnshaw said...

lovely work

Unknown said...

Awesome card! I would of never thought to use the background stamp that way!

AScrapOfKindness said...

I love this amazing card. The background is so striking...

Unknown said...

Beautiful card. I don't need the plank stamp...I don't need the plank stamp...tried my hardest...off to put it im my cart!!

Laura S. said...

Beautiful background!!!

marzee said...

I love this card! I am amazed at all the creative uses for this background stamp!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the texture that stamp gave your sky, Lin! Perfect for the holidays!!

Ilda said...

Great cards Lin! Love that background stamp!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

The background makes for a wonderful look to this creation.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Brenda Kuder said...

Nice card. I love that background stamp.

Melanie said...

Brilliant ideas for this stamp! Thanks for sharing! I love all 3 cards but you really painted the brown one and the blue backgrounds great! I love the subtle trees and little cardinals added to complete the beautiful scene!

Kathy G. said...

Ooh I love how you used the plank stamp to create the background for your Winter scene. I ordered this stamp and can't wait to play with it. Thank you for the inspiration and your "sneak peek" looks fantastic.

Dawn T said...

stunning Barb. The background is amazing. I love how you used it

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous card Lin - love how you have used the background stamp, and the overall effect is stunning. The red cardinals are the perfect pop of colour
Blessings
Maxine

Linda from AZ said...

Lin, what a wonderful use of this background, so amazing.

Peggy M said...

Awesome card! Thank you for sharing!

Lisa Elton said...

This is wonderful, love the pop of color from the cardinals!

Teri S. said...

Okay Lin, your card almost blew me out of my chair! I love, love, love it!! I liked the plank background stamp from the moment I saw it, but you have reinforced my desire to have it in my stash. It's so versatile & your card showcases it brilliantly. Love the trees & the red cardinal too.

Jodi Warren said...

Love that card. Beautiful background. Am thinking that I will be needing that plank stamp. Great job.

Karen R said...

I love how your coloring makes the background look textured! Beautiful card!