Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Simon Says ............ Anything Goes!

Happy Wednesday!  Welcome to our final challenge of 2018 at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!  

wed-newchallenge-header


Our theme is Anything Goes this week, and the team is playing with Stampendous goodies.  I chose a darling stamp/die set for this week.  I love snowmen and birds, so a combination of the 2 is a winner in my eyes!


supplies: white and Audrey Blue cardstock, heavy acetate panel, Stampendous Snowman Cardinals stamp and die set, Nuvo Creative Pen markers to color, sentiment from Simon's An Arctic Christmas, adhesive foam, snowflake embossing folder

I started with a side-folding A2 white card, and on the front, I stamped the trees and the little cardinal on the ground.  I colored in the details, then fussy-cut the top edge and trimmed the back of the card to the same height.  Next I embossed the acetate with snowflakes, then secured it to the back of the front of the card.  Similarly, I attached an A2 piece of blue card to the back of the inside.  So what's holding everything together is the lower half of the side-folded card.    Then I stamped, colored, and die-cut the cute snowman, and die-cut a piece of foam, then glued them together.  I made a banner sentiment and attached it to the acetate, also adding the popped-up snowman.  Here's another pic to show you the effect.



If you look closely you can see that the top-half of the front of the card is clear.  On the inside the card is about half blue and half white, and the white area is where I'll put an inside sentiment.  In order to tidy things up, I also added a plain piece of white card to hide the adhesive I used to secure the acetate to the front of the card.  Here are a couple of pics to illustrate:




These dies cut right up against the images, and were a wonderful thing to have in order to cut the foam for behind my snowman.  I used the tree die to do the same thing in paper to line the back of the trees.

Now it's your turn!  We have a $50.00 gift certificate 

50dollar_voucher_600px

to the amazing Simon Says Stamp store for 1 lucky random winner of this week's challenge!

9 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous use of the clear card. Stunning result.

Cardsbymaaike said...

thank you for the step by step guid, love the embossed acetate, and your cute scene

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

This is just so fabulous with the acetate embossing!!!! Love how you assembled everything and thank you for the tutorial!

Dawn T said...

stunning card Lin. Love the embossed acetate front as well.

kiwimeskreations said...

Wow, what a fabulous card Lin. Love how you pay attention to the inside look of the card too, and the half acetate background id stunning
Blessings
Maxine

ankitag612 said...

This is gorgeous! I love how you embossed acetate. So fun and pretty at the same time and added color on the inside for the sky. WOW! Have a great New Year! xx Ankita

Lorraine A said...

Super cute card Lin :-) the snowman with his little bird friends is adorable and I absolutely love the embossed acetate!! Looks AWESOME!! :-)

Hope you had a lovely Christmas :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Emagine said...

wow I have never seen embossed acetate what a great effect and a lovely card

Marge said...

On my, Lin !! This card is so pretty and I love your acetate window . Just wonderful ! I also love the image of snowman and trees. Now I need those stamps, lols. Hope you had a wonderful holiday and....Happy New year !

Marge